Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys im new to this site and english is not my native tung so bare with me!
I tought maybe someone is intrested to see my winter projekt of my 2002 r6.
After a small insident on the last trackday for the season the bike wasent so pretty anymore. So what was intented as a quick re-spray is now a complete repaint including the frame. There will probebly be some mods done on the tail and i want an diffrent exhaust maybe an highpipe if there is time.

Befor the crash.

After:sing
The alternator cover got cracked and the oil leaked out.

I made a highsider and the bike flipped and draged the windscreen intresting place to get dmg on.

these things saved alot.

The alarm system dident like crashing so i will remove it as i primary use the bike on the track there is no reall reason to have it

note that the headlights are marked Right and left hand:dunce:

ducttape the good stuff.

Thats how far i am now will be more pics after the weekend.
If anyone have tips were to buy clutch and brake handels im intressted.
And i cant deside witch coulor black on black with gold rims like the new r6´s
or maby black fram with wite bodywork?

·
Zoom on a Yamaha
82 Posts
I am personally doing the same thing to my 2004 r6 and plan on doing black frame work with white fairings.

·
Registered
341 Posts
im doing the same thing right now with my 2002 r6,iv got my frame swingarm and forks done black right now,my rims are gold but i havnt seen them yet so i might not like them,might do them a gunmetal silver.im gonna do my bike the stock blue though. :toocool: you can look at my thread to sscope the frame and stuff

·
Registered
27 Posts
Im spraying my 04 R6 pearl white with metallic red accents and rims, ima post up pics when done :toocool:

·
Zoom on a Yamaha
82 Posts
Just sent my plastics and tank to the paint shop today should get them back after christmas hopefully santa makes it sooner:nocontrol

·
Pigs can fly!
1,160 Posts
Where do you live? I can ship you a set of blue shorty levers for $50 (if you live state-side). The adjusters are a bit sticky, but once you set them, a lever is a lever.. :sing

They are the ones in my sig below :yes

·
Zoom on a Yamaha
82 Posts
I'm getting a special pearl tri-color white (a stock honda color) to match my 99 white honda prelude that has black rims so the bike and car will be same color scheme keeping my frame black and other misc. things black.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts