Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
201 - 220 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Leds in headlights run on very low amps. Run them to the front stock turn signal wires. Use the blue for 12v positive and black for ground.

Cut the low beam 12v to the head lights and run a switch from that to your halos.

Cut the high beam switch 12v and run that to a standard foglight relay. The relay is used to run the 12v to the hid balasts
:YEA Alright sweet, thanks. Do you have a pic of the foglight relay or a diagram for the HIDs? I'm a complete iriot when it comes to wiring stuff

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
I need a wiring diagram for a set of halos as DRL, but turn off when you flip a switch to turn on the projectors. I'm running the HIDs through a relay.

Please help
You need a SPDT relay. Get it from ebay or a car audio store.

86 -ground
85- 12v from the high beam light
30 -12v from daytime head light
87a- to the 12v for the halos
87- to the 12v to the hid relays.

You will use the factory switch. When you start the bike the halos will be on. When you hit the switch for the highbeams the halos will turn off and the hids will turn on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
You need a SPDT relay. Get it from ebay or a car audio store.

86 -ground
85- 12v from the high beam light
30 -12v from daytime head light
87a- to the 12v for the halos
87- to the 12v to the hid relays.

You will use the factory switch. When you start the bike the halos will be on. When you hit the switch for the highbeams the halos will turn off and the hids will turn on.
The problem with that setup is that I won't have highbeams then. I was thinking of putting a switch in from the lowbeam harness to the HID relay and Halos. When it's flipped one way, the halos are on, when it's the other way, the halos are off and the HIDs are on. I'm just not sure exactly how to wire it

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
The problem with that setup is that I won't have highbeams then. I was thinking of putting a switch in from the lowbeam harness to the HID relay and Halos. When it's flipped one way, the halos are on, when it's the other way, the halos are off and the HIDs are on. I'm just not sure exactly how to wire it

Easy. Leave the high beam the way it is. Jump the blue wire from the left or the right side turn signal to a switch and then to pin 85. Now when you turn on the bike you will use the switch for the low beam and halos. When you use the factory switch it will still work the highbeams.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Question about the autoswitch. What does it mean when I activate my lights, the autoswitch switches to a GREEN LED. Then after hitting a bouncy interstate, the lights go off and the autoswitch changes to a RED LED.

I obviously know there is a connection issue, just I'm curious to where.

I'm going to go check some voltages to make sure the autoswitch is still receiving power after the lights go off.

In order to turn the lights back on after this incident I have to shut the bike off and turn it back on.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Question about the autoswitch. What does it mean when I activate my lights, the autoswitch switches to a GREEN LED. Then after hitting a bouncy interstate, the lights go off and the autoswitch changes to a RED LED.

I'm going to go check some voltages to make sure the autoswitch is still receiving power after the lights go off.

In order to turn the lights back on after this incident I have to shut the bike off and turn it back on.
Sounds like the positive wire from auto switch is losing connection with your relay?

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts

It sounds like you have a two stage switch, meaning you can turn on one 12v light and hit the switch and turn on another 12v light. It might be a bad switch.

·
Registered
733 Posts
It sounds like you have a two stage switch, meaning you can turn on one 12v light and hit the switch and turn on another 12v light. It might be a bad switch.
Sounds like the positive wire from auto switch is losing connection with your relay?
I'm going to re-check all of the wires tomorrow. I began ripping the wires out and noticed one of the ground wires was loose. Maybe that was the culprit. We'll see. I'll let you all know how it goes.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Turns out to be a bad balast and a melted wire. The balast used 22guage where ever thing else was 18. :cuss

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Prob a newb question but what is the best way to remove the leans from the headlamp? I have a 2003 bike, do i need to get new projectors for the bike to use HIDs or can i use the stock projectors?

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
Turns out to be a bad balast and a melted wire. The balast used 22guage where ever thing else was 18. :cuss
i would like to do that same thing that you did, where did you get the dual mod kit. Also do you have a diagram for the autoswitch or how you did it all......sorry im new to the wiring stuff

·
Registered
733 Posts
i would like to do that same thing that you did, where did you get the dual mod kit. Also do you have a diagram for the autoswitch or how you did it all......sorry im new to the wiring stuff
With the R6s you can use one of the projector lenses on other head lamp for your HIDs. You will have to modify the housing and remove the shield on the highbeam side. It's very easy.

What bike do you have?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ok, here is the diagram using the autoswitch/hidden switch. Hopefully this one is easier to follow compared to my previous one. This is how this setup would work.

1. Bike turned on, halos and leds are on
2. Press and hold high beam switch for 2 seconds, low beam comes on. Return the high beam switch to off, low beam still stays on.
3. To turn high beams on simply put the high beam switch in the on position.
4. To turn off low beams press and hold high beam switch for 2 seconds.
5. Turn off bike all lights are off.

I think that is what you are looking for JH. Also for those that don't know, the autoswitch/hidden switch is not a physical switch that you have to toggle. You don't have to touch it for this to work. Its basically a circuit thats hidden in your bike. Here is the link: Hidde
n Switch

Does it need any fuse?

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts

can this one work with HIDS....can anyone help

·
Registered
733 Posts

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
no....no dual headlight mod...just wnat to be able to turn the low beams off so i can run just my halos

201 - 220 of 262 Posts