Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Harley Converted
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any help is appreciated.

I'm looking into making my '05 into a Cafe Racer style bike. I found a set of dual headlights i'd like to wire in and I'm looking for anyone with experience with the headlight wiring that could point out some tips to get this done.

Here is the light set I want to use:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131222874059?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Both lights are made to be High and Low beams and that's the way I would like to run it.

Thanks

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
It would be best to use the stock wires to activate a relay to power the lights. The stock wires can handle only one light at a time. If you use the stock wires to power both the low and the high beams you have a chance of over heating the wires and shorting something out.

·
Harley Converted
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not opposed to doing that at all.

In that case I would have one light with low beam all the time and the other would only use the high beam. Correct? Just like the stock set-up.

·
Harley Converted
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would you know what I need to do to make that wiring work? If I could get both on for high and low I would like to, but I'm not going to jeopardize the electrical system. I want to do it right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts