Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the euro tail and is mounted the liscense plate flush against the tail, looks awesome but now I need to add a liscense plate light. Im just going to grab a little neon but where do I tap into in the rear to get it to stay on when the bike is on? any pics would be great.

·
FL45HM3
955 Posts
Do you still have the stock wires that ran to the stock license light? If you still have the stock wires, I think its two wires (one blue, one black) that connect to the stock license plate light. I'm pretty sure you would want to tap into the blue wire. Hopefully this helps and isn't too off the wall or wrong. :hammer I'll be honest though, I don't have a license plate light and I haven't been bothered by any cops... whether they are behind me at night or pass me and see that my tag isn't lit up.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Just one more idea not any help on the wiring, but you can buy those bolts that have built in LED's to light the license.

·
Registered
586 Posts
RedRocket said:
Do you still have the stock wires that ran to the stock license light? If you still have the stock wires, I think its two wires (one blue, one black) that connect to the stock license plate light. I'm pretty sure you would want to tap into the blue wire.
on the 99-00 the taillights were the plate lights. the bottom of the lens is clear to shine down on the plate. but i will have to agree about the no light, i did the undertail on mine and don't have a light on my plate. no probs as of yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts