Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

It'd be better if the tail covered the entire exhaust instead of leaving it exposed.

I'm kinda curious myself to see how it plays out.

·
Registered
293 Posts
yea if it looks like that i dont think i would put it on my bike unless it adds like 20 hp. people say that the undertail ones put out less.

·
Registered
293 Posts
im not sure if it really matters if the bike was designed for it. i think it is more about how many bends and how sharp of bends the air has to get by to get out. it seems like the easier it is for it to exit the more horse you will gain.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Anyone seen the pics yet, I just received some in my e mail but thy arent done they need some suggestions on the finshing touches

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi - just found this place after talking to Penfold so thought I'd link up some better pics for this. Still only prototype pics as the studio shots are not developed yet but a better angle

http://www.wolfracing.co.uk/images/DSCF0003.JPG

Also, we can make you guys the same offer as we have to the R1 Forum - $1050 for the system!! Bargain. Oh and power is up 5 bhp by the way.

Regards

Peter Sorrell
Wolf Racing
www.wolfracing.co.uk

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
those are most definitely a great looking set of seat pipes! YEA!

Are there any provisions for mounting a license plate? Do you need to re-map?

·
Registered
995 Posts
just took a look on wolf site. no mappin needed.but price says £895. why the differance.also is it available in titainium. not feelin the steel pipes. on a different note is it possible to paint exhaust pipes

·
Registered
330 Posts
The kit comes with mounts for license and indicators - they're just not in the photo!

No remapping is needed,

They are only available in polished stainless for now but still come out lighter than stock and yes, the pipe work can be coloured - a few people have ordered them with black pipe work to match in to the frame...

The price is £895 to the public but obviously much cheaper for members here ...

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
Wolf said:
The kit comes with mounts for license and indicators - they're just not in the photo!

No remapping is needed,

They are only available in polished stainless for now but still come out lighter than stock and yes, the pipe work can be coloured - a few people have ordered them with black pipe work to match in to the frame...

The price is £895 to the public but obviously much cheaper for members here ...
looks interesting. what is the U.S. cost of this item?

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
is it extra to order them with black pipework? also, would it possible to get it all in black except for the tips which could be, maybe, polished?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I could get the pipe work and the can black powder coated for about $75 - - having said taht I'll save about $25 in polishing costs so say plus $50 for all black - I'd need about 7 days to get it done though...

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for complicating my decision now....... :roll:

So $1100 for all black powdercoat.......I'm getting married a week from this saturday so let me see how much cash I get. Just got laid off last week so money is tight, unless you guys got any job openings? :wave

·
Registered
831 Posts
I suppose it is to late to register for the exhaust for your wedding gift?
:roll :roll :roll :roll

It is never to late to back out. just kidding. I got married July of last year and it has been good so far.

·
Registered
504 Posts
If you want Penfold I can make you an exhaust with a can some metal flexhose and Duct tape. You can mount it wherever you want. NO ONE BEATS MY PRICES!!! YEA!

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
JL, if it has the r6-forum.com sticker on it, I'll take it!

Come to think of it, I should have registered at parts411.com or bikebandit.com or something.
Ya, there's still time to make an escape :burnout but unfortunately her father knows where we live.......
But I already surrendered my soul to the devil and now she owns me.... :BS :flame
The strange thing is, we are already married but we're just having the reception and all that crap now. Don't ask me why cuz I couldn't tell you........but if it gets me closer to some sweet underseats, then I'm all in for it.
Besides, open bar for 6 hours can't be that bad. Atleast me and my boys will have a good time......... :cheers :drink :throwup

Now, if only Wolf will give me a job.........I'll post my resume if you want Pete! Everyone needs more Product Managers, right?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts