Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently got a 2008 Yamaha R6 bike have been sitting for a while so drained gas pulled fuel injectors cleaned all fuel system installed new spark plugs. problem is bike will only Idle a little rough But to get any RP m's you have to really rapidly play with the throttle What could the problem be Thinking to start with coils now that I have done plugs had put a brand new fuel pump in it as well Possibly throttle positioning sensor also have gone through and cleaned every connector and dialect decrease them to rule that out of the equation kind of out of lost Don't know if it could be censors or something causing an issue

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would check throttle cable as skeeter said first. Maybe do a video would help. Other than that take off the air filter and check that the throttle body butterfly valves are opening correctly when revving. There is a possibility your ECU might need flashing though that's incredibly rare

·
Registered
Everything you need to know is in the Service Manual !
177 Posts
Recheck your tps. move it and take it back to the original setting and try again. i had a similar issue and it worked..... after I'd already bought a new tps before trying an adjustment
100% I bet it’s tps related. You can check in diag mode at closed and open throttle how close the reading are to spec. But even then your tps could be faulty. It’s a cheap fix and easy repair

1 - 5 of 5 Posts