Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm trying to start my bike but when i press the starter button, there's just a fast ticking noise coming from round the seat by the ecu area.anyone know wots causing this please? its a R603

·
Registered
953 Posts
i'll have to say spark plug or battery. most likely spark plug. i can't think of how a bike would run out of juice unless you have custom electronics on it that might drain it. check the spark plug.

·
Registered
953 Posts
if the motor NEVER starts turning and just ticks then it's the battery there isnt' enough juice to keep the solaroids (sp) going. if the motor DOES start turning it's the spark plugs.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thought it was the batt'.been mod'ing it up all day but left the ignition on for a while

·
Registered
327 Posts
It only takes about 5 min with the ignition on to run the battery down to where it won't start, if the headlight is on, then it might be less. So don't worry about any electrical problems. If it has enough juice to make the solenoid click, then it has enough juice for you to push start it. When you pop it in gear for it to start, use second gear instead of first. Fisrt gear is usually too low, and your pushing efforts will just result in a skidding back tire.

·
Registered
953 Posts
miraclegrau said:
It only takes about 5 min with the ignition on to run the battery down to where it won't start, if the headlight is on, then it might be less. So don't worry about any electrical problems. If it has enough juice to make the solenoid click, then it has enough juice for you to push start it. When you pop it in gear for it to start, use second gear instead of first. Fisrt gear is usually too low, and your pushing efforts will just result in a skidding back tire.
your fucking brilliant. :bow :bow :bow

·
Registered
270 Posts
GRAU, You're SO F****'in out of this world!!!

I nominate you for the R6 Nobel Peace Prize

for you brilliant contributions to the R6 forum Humanoids!!!

:idhitit

Can U get me a Scorpion Exhaust-'03 R6 Combination PC 3 MAP??AARGHH!! HELP ME PLEASE!!! I'm dying over here!!!
:dog

·
Registered
327 Posts
Do this:
Download the M4 s/o into your PC. Then ride it with that map, and edit the map on your computer where you notice the dip in power is, and throw that map in there. The Scorpion, and the M4 are close enough to being the same, but not exact.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
any one got a map 4: akropovic slip-on,K&N airfilter,15 tooth front sprocket?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yo how do i open a winzip file? just paid for the program but still don't know how to open it :stupic

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yes just bought it and registered it. when i click on penfolds links,r the maps ment to come up?
as u can tell i'v never used this system :stupic

1 - 20 of 29 Posts