Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after crashing at the track I decided to do the best I can to protect my bike/motor in case of another crash.
I bit the bullet and bought a whole lot of Woodcraft Bling :toocool:
So the question is can anyone tell me what step #3 is on the attached instruction sheet?
http://www.duncanmoto.net/pdf/products/woodcraft/engine_covers/60-04xxrb_it.pdf

I removed the stock cover and there was nothing "attached" to it. What am I missing?

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
On mine, I have a Hose that runs over the top of the cover, there is a Holder to keep it there..Same on the bottom with a vent hose

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
on the stator cover - there's a wire harness through the top. then it runs under a "clamp/holder" thing that is held in place with one of those torx bolts. that's how mine was. i actually stripped the bolt trying to get it outta the stocker so both the bolt and clamp/holder thing were stuck in the stocker. :( ordered new of both from ron ayers, and went on with my business. good luck.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys, I read to much into those instructions...:dunce:
we'll see how it goes with the timing chain cover later today

any ideas on how to remove/replace the rear shock? I can't find a clear how to guide

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
i hear it's a joke... just a bolt or two, and you drop it. the top nut is under the tank. pretty easy to get to once the tank is off (i think that's about it). good luck man!

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
Yeah It is under the tank, VERY easy once the tank is off, I had mine off last night. And took me less than 15 min for the whole deal

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have to take the weight off of the rear? I would think there is some compression going on in that spring

1 - 8 of 8 Posts