Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Amsoil 10W-40 and filter from the Big Brown Truck and am really looking forward to doing the switch to full synthetic! I have about 720 miles on my bike and this will be its first oil change.

Anyhow, I have researched the forum extensively on this subject about when is the right time to convert. I have even spoken with Bob from Amsoil and from what I have gathered, it essentially comes down to user preference. Is this correct? Just want to get a second opinion before I start the process of changing it.

Or, since it is a new bike would you recommend running one more cycle of Yamalube until the 2000 mile mark before converting to Amsoil?

:confused:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys.....going to get started now! I'll post the results later this evening...

:toocool:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chalk one up for another satisfied Amsoil customer!

Just got through with the change and it went flawless. Went so well that I even had to do the first change on my buddies R1 for him :D. Too bad the 6 isn't as easy to change as the R1!!!

Anyhow, I'll post some more results of how I'm liking the new oil once I get some more miles on her.

Off to the twisties... :flex:

·
fun and informative
559 Posts
same oil and filter as i have alwaysed used. amsoil is great stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.