Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Amsoil 10W-40 and filter from the Big Brown Truck and am really looking forward to doing the switch to full synthetic! I have about 720 miles on my bike and this will be its first oil change.

Anyhow, I have researched the forum extensively on this subject about when is the right time to convert. I have even spoken with Bob from Amsoil and from what I have gathered, it essentially comes down to user preference. Is this correct? Just want to get a second opinion before I start the process of changing it.

Or, since it is a new bike would you recommend running one more cycle of Yamalube until the 2000 mile mark before converting to Amsoil?

:confused:

·
Registered
250 Posts
It is whenever you want to switch. There'll be no harm to the bike by switching to full synthetic at your first oil change. And yeah, tell us how it feels!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys.....going to get started now! I'll post the results later this evening...

:toocool:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chalk one up for another satisfied Amsoil customer!

Just got through with the change and it went flawless. Went so well that I even had to do the first change on my buddies R1 for him :D. Too bad the 6 isn't as easy to change as the R1!!!

Anyhow, I'll post some more results of how I'm liking the new oil once I get some more miles on her.

Off to the twisties... :flex:

·
fun and informative
560 Posts
same oil and filter as i have alwaysed used. amsoil is great stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts