Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed a front upper in red..., had a little problem with target fixation last summer and followed a stream of bikes into a mud pit. Anyway, I finally found one! $185 to my door..., says/looks new, we'll see what this ebayer is all about..., great feedback from over 2400 looks promising at least.

At least the price is a little better than the $380 the local dealer was going to :hump me for....

SO...., with that, and other add-ons, pics should hopefulyl be in soon....

·
Registered
213 Posts
Good luck man. I've bought a lot of stuff on ebay....and for the most part...they're legit....the dealers' too damn expensive.

Post those pics when you get them.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
yup ebay saved me a bunch of money. i would like to get all my stuff from my local dealer but they cant really compete with some of the stuff on the net.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
njk27 said:
Glad your ok, I would search ebay too, dealerships tend to rape consumers.
LOL..., yeah, we were ok. All of us stood up, stared at each other, and were like, "wtf did we do that for?" Stupid, stupid, stupid...

Just leaving an accident where a chick went down hard, through about 40ft of corn stalks, prolly didn't help. I guess the lead guy saw some dirt in the corner, figured he'd ride off the road, down a hill, into someone's front yard..., problem was that it was wet, muddy, and slick. Good ol' target fixation....

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Wow, wtf, I'm sure can not convey your actual feelings appropriately. Did you ever think about trading the R6 for a dirtbike? :twisted:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
njk27 said:
Wow, wtf, I'm sure can not convey your actual feelings appropriately. Did you ever think about trading the R6 for a dirtbike? :twisted:

Pffft..., no..., the real kicker is that the guy that led us off-road had NO bike damage, NONE..., and I'm looking at a new front upper, busted my Fabbri double bubble, and my headlight housing is cracked, but I epoxied that. Every bike that went down had some damage except the lead guy.

·
FL45HM3
955 Posts
Glad to hear you found a deal on ebay! May I suggest www.mrcycles.com for any future bodywork needs. They have kick ass prices on all OEM parts. I'm probably gonna be getting a lower from them later this season since it has a minor scuff after my lowside last summer... nothing major, I just want a flawless fairing unless I somehow got it painted.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Glad to hear you didn't have any major problems. I saved a ton of money on my old Katana by purchasing stuff off eBay after a lowside at the track. Paid probably less than 1/4 dealer cost. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts