Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find a way around spending 2k on a valve ring and guide replacement. Unfortunately they went very early 16k miles :cuss. I would really like the keep the vin# parts on the engine, so I would prefer not to do an engine swap. I know R6 engines run about 1k. I was wondering if I could get a new engine and swap parts??? Most Ive done to my bike is a valve cover gasket replacement, but wouldnt mind doing valve timing and cam stuff, just nothing more difficult. I was more than willing to remove the engine for the shop to work on, but they said that it wouldnt really reduce the cost that much.

So...anything but straight up replacing the engine???

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
holy hell. I bought a head off ebay for 250 bucks and had a guy port and polish it for a grand. This included a 5 angle valve job. It would have been 100 bucks more for new guides. For everything, including new guides would have been 1350 bucks. I think you're getting ripped off.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just doing pricing. I havent looked for just heads yet. Not sure what I need to replace to avoid doing rings and guides. How tough is it to swap out a head??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts