Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK well I got a flat tire about two weeks ago and decided to use that time to do some stuff to the bike. I added a db windscreen, greggs flushmounts, cnr shorty levers and I had the exhaust, pass pegs, and rearsets powdercoated black. I'm pretty satisfied with it all the only thing I'm kinda iffy about is the exhaust not sure if looks kinda tacky or what. let me know what you think thanks guys

p.s. don't mind the dirt its sat for two weeks..

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:swordfigh

·
Registered
88 Posts
how much did the powder coating set you back? I want to do that but I don't know how much to expect to pay.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you ask something all I can think about is your picture? :D powdercoating was 25 for the rearsets 25 for the pass pegs and 40 for the exhaust. that included shipping back to me. If your insterested check this guy out he did awesome work on mine and I got my parts back in a week

http://www.tripageled.com/main.html I think the site is down right now but you can pm me for his number if you want it

·
Registered
167 Posts
I like the exhaust.....actually didn't even notice until i read your description since i my eyes gravitated to the pics first :sing nice smooth bike and decent price for the power coating.....nice job and again smooth :flaming

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys..tryin to figure out what to do next

·
Registered
749 Posts
Looks great. The exhaust needs a little color though. Put a sticker or something on it. (Make sure it can handle the heat) But Just a vynal word so it looks costom. :) Otherwise I love the look of all the black!!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yah I was thinking about getting someone to airbrush it but I don't know about the heat

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
anyone know if heat will be a problem for airbrushing on the exhaust?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
thanks guys..tryin to figure out what to do next
well, looks like the kid wants to learn how to ride...or hey, if you're REALLY bored, you could always work some overtime and buy me a bike :sing

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
anyone know if heat will be a problem for airbrushing on the exhaust?
depends what kind of paint they use. a hi-temp paint won't melt but it might be hell getting it through an airbrush

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha..thats what I figured too bad I think it would be unique to have some kind of design on there

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well, looks like the kid wants to learn how to ride...or hey, if you're REALLY bored, you could always work some overtime and buy me a bike :sing
haha my son can't get enough of it..cpl years and he'll be getting a 50

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
the heat shield on the stock pipe gets warm but not very hot, imo anyway. i'd just take a piece or 2 of vinyl and stick it to it, ride around for a week or so and 1. see if it even sticks on the powdercoating 2. see if it melted or not.

you won't know unless you try it, just don't spend $60 on a test sticker

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
good idea.thanks for the tip

1 - 20 of 25 Posts