Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
R6 all day
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guess can't find any infor on installing the works velocity stacks. I have a 2010 r6. Any one with any info please any information will help. All I can find is a picture of the setup.

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
2010 has the variable length stacks. There's a servo that moves them based on what rpm you're at. I don't think there's anything to be gained by changing them out.

·
R6 all day
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a decent amount to be gained with the works velocity stacks. The works stacks are a strictly crafted race part for the r6. These stack stack vary in length 2 shorts in the middle n 2 longer ones on the outsides.

·
Registered
449 Posts
There's a decent amount to be gained with the works velocity stacks. The works stacks are a strictly crafted race part for the r6. These stack stack vary in length 2 shorts in the middle n 2 longer ones on the outsides.
I hope Melkman chimes in on this one, because I'd like to know if this is right... but I don't think the Works stacks are far from the stock ones. Like the previous poster said, they are both variable, and move based on throttle. They both do the same thing essentially.

It's different on the 2nd Gen R6 though. Much more to be gained by installing VS's on that model.

Regardless though, its still a cool mod, and easy to do. Remove the airbox, open it up, unscrew the existing stacks, install yours and put the airbox back together.

·
R6 all day
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know how to open up the air box and remove the existing stacks. The works stacks come with new parts but no instructions for installation. These stacks are completely different from the stock setup

·
R6 all day
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That image is for the older r6's. there is no information on google for the installation on the works velocity stacks.

·
R6 all day
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's why I'm hoping someone from graves can chime in and maybe offer some advice here

·
Registered
449 Posts
They are relatively the same!! It's simple, you take off the box, remove the bottom plate, remove the stock stacks, and put in your short stacks. You can't screw it up. I'm not sure what more information anyone can provide you.

YouTube is also your friend:

·
R6 all day
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's not the same install as the factory pro staks for the older r6, kinda the same as the yec setup for 2010+.

And yes the variables move up and down by the stock stacks are all 1 size. The works stack are different sizes and move up and down.

·
Parts Pimp
26,473 Posts
Google is your friend.

NOT what OP is referring to....

It's not the same install as the factory pro staks for the older r6, kinda the same as the yec setup for 2010+.

And yes the variables move up and down by the stock stacks are all 1 size. The works stack are different sizes and move up and down.
There was a post on here that graves claims a STUPID amount of power with their insanely expensive stacks. Nobody has dyno proof. Nobody runs them. You're gonna be hard pressed to find any good info or results. And I'm sure you'd give up the 5 HP mid range the variable stacks offer over the 06-07 stack setup.

So you'd probably want to have retimed cams or reground cams with different duration to take advantage of em. And probably countless dyno hours to achieve the power gains graves says they did...

I'd pass if I were you and spend the money elsewhere on the bike.

·
R6 all day
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well the stacks are installed, just have 1 issue so far. The rubber bottoms in the short stacks in the middle doesn't go down all the way and the short stacks hit first before the larger stacks make a seal.

And yes I'm install adjustable sprockets and Manuel cam tensioner have them timed and dynoed by orient express

·
Parts Pimp
26,473 Posts
Well the stacks are installed, just have 1 issue so far. The rubber bottoms in the short stacks in the middle doesn't go down all the way and the short stacks hit first before the larger stacks make a seal.

And yes I'm install adjustable sprockets and Manuel cam tensioner have them timed and dynoed by orient express
Post pics! Then dyno results too please!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts