Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
What about what?
6,755 Posts
I was making plans to go. However the closer we get, the more it looks like I won't be able to make it. :(

·
I stall my R6
148 Posts
Close on a house next week. Broke as a joke after.

·
Registered
52,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Getting to any major international race counts... :toocool:

But WSBK is very different from MotoGP... I love both!!!

·
iCrash
1,912 Posts
true, but w/o Haga and Toseland dueling this year it wont be as colorful to me.
gotta love the Honda vs Yamaha duels, who won last year, i cant remember..... lol

·
Registered
52,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shame on you... being on a Honda, you should remember... ;)

Neukirchner is hungry after his first win... Haga is always fun to watch, no matter who he is racing against... and I've always been and always will be a Bayliss fan

·
im michael jordan ballin
749 Posts
Id love to go to watch the wsbk guys but utah is a long way away from the east and miller is really not a track that i like too much. I love the monza track I wish i could have been there last race it was INSANE to watch!

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm volunteering as a cornerworker for both AMA and WSBK races. :) sweet I'll be staying in the infield. Shoot me a PM if anyone wants to meet up at Miller.

·
Registered
331 Posts
For those who are volunteering...

May 13, 2008

Hi SBK Track Team,

We are very excited to have you join us for the inaugural HANNspree Superbike World Championship® StriVectin-SD® USA Round and Honda Summit of Speed AMA Superbike Championship event at Miller Motorsports Park. I hope to answer some questions about checking in, camping, tickets for family and training. If you do have any other questions please email me and I will get back as soon as possible.

1- Training: We have arranged the following dates and times for training of FIM protocols. You will need to attend only ONE of these. We will check your name off after arriving; no need to pre-register. They will all be held in the MMP Driving School classroom in the northeast Team Garages Building 1.

Monday, May 26: 8:00 am –12:00 noon OR

1:00 pm – 4:00 pm OR

5:00 pm – 9:00 pm

Tuesday, May 27: 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm OR

5:00 pm – 9:00 pm

Wednesday, May 28: 5:30pm – 9:00 pm

Thursday, May 29: 5:30pm – 9:00 pm

Friday, May 30: 6:30pm – 9:30pm

2- Uniforms: You will need to wear all white. White long pants and white tops (without logos) are required. You may want to wear or bring short- and long-sleeve t-shirts or a sweatshirt or jacket; all must be white, no colors. You could also get a cheese cloth type painting suit from your local painter store that zips up over your clothes (I called Sherwin Williams and they sell them for $7.99). We will provide orange vests and clear raingear. If you want to check the weather before coming, you can go to weather.com and our zip code is = 84074.

3- Check-in: We will have a volunteer check-in set up at the Welcome Center, from there you will proceed to the South Gate and will drive around the track to our parking and camping area in Lot F. When you check in, you will receive an envelope with your credential for the days you work and a paddock pass for camping (if pre-arranged). If you have not informed me you are camping, please do so now so I can ensure we have enough space set aside. Check-in times are as follows;

Sunday, May 25: I will be at the track that day, let me know you are coming so I can make arrangements

Monday, May 26: 6:30 am - 7:30 am

11:00 am – 12:30 pm

3:00 pm - 4:30 pm

Tuesday, May 27: 11:00 am – 12:30 pm

3:00 pm – 4:30 pm

Wednesday, May 28: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm

Thursday, May 29: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm

Friday, May 30: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm

Saturday, May 31: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm

Sunday, June 1: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm

If you will not be arriving at the posted check-in hours please let me know.

4- Camping: We will be located at the west end of the team garages from the west paddock area. We have arranged for weights to hold down tents. If you are tent camping, please let me know so we can have enough weights. Showers are within 25 yards of our camping site and were built this year to accommodate us corner workers. The bathrooms have always been very clean here and I hope we can help keep them that way. There will also be 24-hour security onsite.

5- Morning Report Time - is 6:00 am and will be at the “Breakfast Tent” (west of the Kart track east of the fuel pumps), from there we will be shuttled out to our corners and be there for the day. We will have breakfast, lunch and dinner provided Thursday through Saturday and breakfast and lunch on Sunday.

6- Working Days- There will be water at each station and lunches will be delivered on track. Again, once we are on station, we will be there all day. Most days are from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm. If you would like to take a small bag with snacks and other items, you may do so: just make sure it is not a flag color (i.e. yellow, red); black would be ok. Also, no red or yellow hats; tan, white or black is best. Other items you may wan to pack are; sunscreen, bug spray and sturdy gloves (no red or yellow). I will have sunscreen and bug spray at the food tent in the morning if you don’t want to pack it. Please inform your corner captain of any medical condition you might have. In case anything happens, we will be able to attend to you faster.

8- MMP is offering discount tickets to family members of corner workers. There are two different tickets; general admission and grandstands. Both of those have single-day, two-day and four-day options. They will do the least expensive option for you. There is also a separate paddock pass. They will give you half off that pass. It is normally $15/day or $40/four days (so the four-day half-price for $20 is the best bet). If you have questions, call the ticket office at 435-277-RACE (7223). Kids 5 and under are free. If a family member is camping with you, they will need a paddock pass plus a general admission ticket; please register them with me.

9- There is a kick-off party at 6:00 pm Thursday night at the Gallivan Center in downtown Salt Lake City. You are invited to be there; there will be live music from Chevelle, BMX and freestyle motocross demonstrations and some of the racers will be there signing autographs. You will receive a ticket in your check-in packet, if you check in before the party, you will have to provide your own transportation if you would like to go.

10- The Ace Café is located in the paddock and I will check on times that it will be open for business (most likely when we are on track). The kart center does sell a couple items people tend to forget and is open until 8pm. Also, Tooele is nearby with stores if you need to get anything in the late evening.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts