Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
***Would I loose any power from this to this?!?!***

This is my current exhaust on my bike.... And this is what I was thinking about buying..http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=230254976333...its cheap I know I know.. But i just dont want to loose any performance.

This is mine..

I am assuming it stock..I dont know because I bought it off of someone. I just hate the long pipe covering the side of the frame so id rather have the shorter one, but also would it burn my leg?

·
"The Bolt"
915 Posts
I say go for it .. It will look better and with it just being a slip-on it won't make to big of a performance difference

·
12,482 Posts
If you do change cans, you wanna part with that highmount?

·
Registered
749 Posts
It looks like a car tip on a bike... Dont bother. Make your own. Its like running an open header...

·
RU R6
1,206 Posts
I wouldn't get those particular shorty....it's an overpriced exhaust tip. The Microns are cool. But it'll definitely shave some weight, and make it much much louder.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
It looks like a car tip on a bike... Dont bother. Make your own. Its like running an open header...
Agreed....do not buy that thing

You could run over to autozone quick and get a slash cut exhaust tip for 15-20 bucks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Agreed....do not buy that thing

You could run over to autozone quick and get a slash cut exhaust tip for 15-20 bucks.
but would it fit my bike? and would it hender my performance?

·
Can't Get Enough
130 Posts
I have a simalar slip on on my bike....

No where near open header since the cat is still in place. Compared to the stock can, made the bike louder at idle and about up to 6k. After that sounds pretty much the same as the stock bike.

I noticed a lose in power on the low end (I assume due to losing the exup valve), which is already gone on your bike (right?). So my guess would be you won't notice any diffrence but a cleaner looking bike (I can't stand those big slip on personally).

As far as over priced, I have to agree!

Bleow is a link to the one I purchased.
http://www.hotbodiesracing.com/en/prod_121_megaphone_exhausts_yamaha_2006-07_yzf-r6

Overall, happy with it except for the rediculous price tag that came with it.

·
My R6 eats terrorists
221 Posts
Let me clear something up. There isn't a Cat in the 03-05 bikes. They are designed for the longer exhaust cans which control all the baffling/noise cancellation.

The 06-08 R6 is designed for the shorty GP styled exhaust. It has a cat and baffle built into the header pipes before you reach the slip on.

Because the 03-05 (and 99-02 for that matter) dont have the cat and baffle in the header pipes, putting a shorty exhaust on to match the looks of the 06-08 will sound just like the open header. If a frickin LOUD exhaust is what you're after (not street legal) go ahead and put a tip on....otherwise to stay street legal you're gonna have to stick with the longer exhaust cans (unless you modifiy the header pipes to do all the noise cancelling).

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
I wouldnt go with that, you need some sort of silencer (can) on there. You can look into the HR riot pipes or another comparable, or even the 06-07 gytr slip on, atleast that will give you a little bakc pressure and some sound dampening.

And like pilot8604 says, dont listen to everyone with the 06/07 with a little slip, our bikes are wayyyy different then yours as far as the exhaust and all that goes.

·
Can't Get Enough
130 Posts
Let me clear something up. There isn't a Cat in the 03-05 bikes. They are designed for the longer exhaust cans which control all the baffling/noise cancellation.

The 06-08 R6 is designed for the shorty GP styled exhaust. It has a cat and baffle built into the header pipes before you reach the slip on.

Because the 03-05 (and 99-02 for that matter) dont have the cat and baffle in the header pipes, putting a shorty exhaust on to match the looks of the 06-08 will sound just like the open header. If a frickin LOUD exhaust is what you're after (not street legal) go ahead and put a tip on....otherwise to stay street legal you're gonna have to stick with the longer exhaust cans (unless you modifiy the header pipes to do all the noise cancelling).

uhhhhh "insert foot in mouth" :sing

I thought about that after I posted (since I know nothing of pre 06). Thanks for clearing up my bad info!

·
My R6 eats terrorists
221 Posts
uhhhhh "insert foot in mouth" :sing

I thought about that after I posted (since I know nothing of pre 06). Thanks for clearing up my bad info!
haha no problem man... it happens. So long as the right answer eventually surfaces, thats all that matters. happy ridin

·
Registered
7,662 Posts

Exactly....
This is not a "tip" there is actually a layer of baffling in these. I have a buddy that had it on his R1, and although loud as hell, it sounded like shit IMO.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I dont mind it being loud because atleast that would reduced the odds of people hitting me because of them not knowing I was there..

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
damn...i bet this exhaust won't pass laguna seca sound restrictions

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
I have a scorpion street extreme. Great pipe, great sound, great looks. Price isnt too bad either.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts