Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i like these flush mounts, but the blink kinda light blue from the pic, i know having blue lights might attract cop's attention. anyone think these would be a bad idea?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
They are illegal in Texas, but if you don't act like a jackass, most cops will leave you alone, or give you a warning.

I have clear (hyperwhite) LED's on my front and haven't had any problems yet.

·
Registered
273 Posts
thats a ticket if i ever saw one. My friend bought the exact same one for his blue r6 and we installed it last weekend. One of the LEDs on one of the lights was already out. He didnt have the patience to return it so he just said *** it and left it on. FYI, its a stick on (sticker), not a bolt on, and wire is on the side of the housing, not in the center where IMO is where its should be.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
malice said:
thats a ticket if i ever saw one. My friend bought the exact same one for his blue r6 and we installed it last weekend. One of the LEDs on one of the lights was already out. He didnt have the patience to return it so he just said *** it and left it on. FYI, its a stick on (sticker), not a bolt on, and wire is on the side of the housing, not in the center where IMO is where its should be.
so its prob a piece of crap then, i should get a bolt on one?
know any good places to get good flushmounts online?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Im using those, and you can get them in different color leds. I got amber/orange.

The wire can be moved back a little by cutting the sticker. But its not a perfect fit againt the faring because the light is flat and your faring is curved. It needs to come with some kind of foam rubber gasket that is custom cut for each modle bike. Then it would be even better.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Beantown said:
thanks,
but i ordered greggs flush mounts. have them in 2 days :jump
Do Greggs come with anything other than the orange sphere?

The only thing I didnt like about those is you have the blue ring (on the faring) around it from the cutting of the white faring sticker.

·
Registered
963 Posts
sorry, but they only got the color in amber. you won't have a ring around the light if you get blue for the blue 03/04 or black for the silver 04. Someone on the forum has their bike with the blue greggs on their blue bike. looks good.

·
Registered
629 Posts
A friend of mine with a blue R6 has those and yes Illegal in Michigan!! But they look cool. As long as you use arm signals with your blinker you should be okay. :roll:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Ed said:
sorry, but they only got the color in amber. you won't have a ring around the light if you get blue for the blue 03/04 or black for the silver 04. Someone on the forum has their bike with the blue greggs on their blue bike. looks good.
The only thing with blue on a blue bike, is if you have the white stickers still on there. Then its a blue hole with orange sphere.

I think they would be dope if they would have a clear lense.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.