Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been looking at getting a bike and came across this listing. Keep in mind that a brand new R6 is $12,499msrp here in canada.. the guy is asking $12,900..

Anyone think this would be worth looking into with all the mods on it?

Add info:
2007 Yamaha R6, Candy red with only 3880 kms in like new condition. Never layed down. Has a ton of mods: Ohlins steering damper, full Leo vince exhaust with carbon can, -1+2 520 chain conversion stealth gold rear sprocket and DID ERV3 chain, Power Commander 3, Gold Pazzo shorty levers, Carbon fiber air intake covers, Gold brake resevoir caps, Carbon tank pad, Scorpio alarm, Puig Dark smoke double bubble windscreen, Carbon fiber front and rear fenders, gold Powers stuntworx race rails and rear subcage, Proton flushmount front signals, integrated rear taillight, fender eliminator, Gold oil cap, Speedo healer, seat with gel and memory foam insert and carbon vinyl, Driven gel grips, color match seat cowl, Bmc race filter, brake resevoir sock, Stm rear spools. Will also include XL Icon Decay Domain helmet, Icon stealth accelerant jacket, icon gloves and icon boots. Will also include all stock parts. Its a beautiful bike I just need the money for something else. I have alot invested in this and you can get it for alot less then what I have put into it

http://saskatoon.kijiji.ca/c-cars-v...Yamaha-R6-with-alot-of-mods-W0QQAdIdZ55619035

·
FTW
83 Posts
I'd personally rather buy a new stock than a used modified... especially considering the new stock is cheaper than the used modified in this situation.
This is just my personal feeling even though buying a pre-modified bike will definitely save you money in the event you were planning on doing all of the same mods yourself.

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
i'm kinda on the border about it. sure, it does have over 2k in extras, but theres def a little too many miles for the price. (not sayin that its a ton of miles). its a really nice looking bike and it looks like everything was done right and no expenses were spared. personally, i like to buy bikes that have nothing done to them just so i can do it all myself. (buying it all sucks though) and 9 times outta 10, its the bikes that have all the aftermarket accessories that were beat on a bit. just my 2 cents. if you get it, best of luck, its really nice.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea thats the one thing i'm contemplating.. getting the newer '08 with the stock upgrades over the 07 stock... then just modding what i want.. would be somewhat similar to what this guy has for sale.. are the updates to the 08 a noticable difference over the 07's? i've read a bunch of reviews and everyone seems to be raving about the 08 changes

·
Building a Zombie
66 Posts
man that bikes a year old n he asked 22222222222 much dam $ wit so many miles n a bunch of mods u can do urslef...**** that...i got my 06 50th last year in april of 07 n got it wit 1k miles all stock 4 8200$ so this man iz RAPPPPPPING u on the price....shit ur better off gettin a brand new 1..:lmao juss my 2 pennies

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
LOL by the sounds of it i'd be better off getting a new one.. sounds good to me.. atleast then i know if its been abused at all :)

thanks for the info guys.. from all the posts on this forum i've been learning a lot regarding bikes and what to expect with them..

you guys rock for being so helpful!

·
Registered
32 Posts
man that bikes a year old n he asked 22222222222 much dam $ wit so many miles n a bunch of mods u can do urslef...**** that...i got my 06 50th last year in april of 07 n got it wit 1k miles all stock 4 8200$ so this man iz RAPPPPPPING u on the price....shit ur better off gettin a brand new 1..:lmao juss my 2 pennies
That took me a few mins. to read.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts