Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Moderatore Eccellente!
8,634 Posts
Depends.... Do you want the agility or the power? Answer that, and you have just answered your own question... For me, I'll stick with the R6.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
For the street? Yes. I'd much more prefer an R1 over an R6 as an everyday bike. The days are done that liter bikes are a lot heavier than 600s, really, they arent much heavier.

Since I do trackdays and plan to race this year, I wont trade my 600 for a 1000. I'd prefer to race in the middleweight classes and 600s can race in heivyweight classes as well. However, if I had the money to blow, I'd be picking myself up an R1 or a 1098 for the street.

But hey, this is just 1 mans opinion.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
nope. Not the same year swap. The 04 R1 wasn't the best of the R1s by any means. Now, give me a 50th...and I will deliver the R6 :) lmao

·
2B R <> 2B
3,703 Posts
I would take a R1 hands down - Sometimes you have to get what you can when you can... Dont know anything about R1 on 01...

·
Not DoD Blocked
2,339 Posts
i would have gotten the R1 but, my friend had just bought it, all they had left was the black R6. so thats what i have. for now. So yes I would trade

·
Im Sofa King We Todd Did?
840 Posts
R6 was my first street bike so I went with the R-6, If I had enough experience I would have purchased an R-1.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
i want both

·
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot
933 Posts
If you are into riding twisty roads hard or most tracks I think the lighter weight and better handling (the lower inertia of the motor makes the weight difference seem larger than it is) take the R6. For just cruising on the street or going really fast in a straight line take the R1. If you are one hell of a rider and can actually use the power the R1 has on the track, get the R1. I only know one guy in the latter situation. I've ridden his R1 in the twisties, and my R6 and you can feel the extra weight of the R1 in fast side to side transitions. Plus I am not skilled enough to use all the power of the R1 (his has exhaust and PCIII). It is fun to go WOT in 3rd or 4th and feel it just pull for ever, but that kind of power can be dangerous cranked over in a corner in the lower gears getting on the power.
I also have an FZ1 for touring and around town cruising, great low end torque, it is the 99 R1 motor, no where near the top end of the new R1 though.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have both. An 06 50th w/ microns, filter, stacks and pcIII with custom map makes 163 on the dynojet. It's my 2nd R1, had a 2000 for 5 yrs. Its the blue one with BOS exhaust. I just baught an 05 for track only, no pics yet.

Attachments

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,904 Posts
In a heartbeat...but that's only cuz I've been on this bike for over a year and a half now and a new ride wouldn't be outta the question. Also...the '05 R1 (oh yeah...I got an '05 R6) is one beautiful machine indeed...it's the R1 I'd want to ride.

I know I know...the 1st gens are the best but I just love the look of the '05. :fact

·
Premium Member
18,792 Posts
GIJoe007 said:
In a heartbeat...but that's only cuz I've been on this bike for over a year and a half now and a new ride wouldn't be outta the question. Also...the '05 R1 (oh yeah...I got an '05 R6) is one beautiful machine indeed...it's the R1 I'd want to ride.

I know I know...the 1st gens are the best but I just love the look of the '05. :fact
I top your 05 R1 with my M1..:fact

·
Registered
413 Posts
I would love to have both! hahahah :YEA the R1 would be fun for everyday riding but keep the R6 for the track.

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,904 Posts
Paytheon said:
I top your 05 R1 with my M1..:fact
Oh yeah?! Well you got nothin' on the baby I got out back!

She's still a work in progress...can't figure out how to stop settin' myself on fire...but I'm goin' fast while on fire!!! :nocontrol

See that spoiler right there? Precision aerodynamics at it's best...uh huh...

OK...fine...it's not my bike...wouldn't want that POS anyway... :D

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I'll stick with the 6. Would like to get an R1 couple years down the road, but I still think the 06/07 R6s are the most badass looking bikes ever made.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I actually prefer the R6 over the R1, because I know I would get in alot more trouble on the R1.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts