Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone

Not a widely used shock as most prefer Ohlins , but i thought i might give it a go. It currently has a 95-130 spring on it. I weigh 90kg without gear so might need to go up to a 100 nm. Im struggling to find a spring for it so thought i would ask here , you never know if you dont ask...

Anyone know of a company supporting WP still for road racing

Cheers

Stu

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,254 Posts
Call Race Tech. They will match it by diameter and free length.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I used a WP4618 shock on my race Triumph 675 and preferred it to the Ohlins. It has a longer top out spring so it is crucial that you set the lag properly. It is not the same as your stock shock or Ohlins. Once it is set you shouldn't really change the preload, just adjust ride height. Contact WP for exact procedure and measurement to do this, it si done with the shock out of the bike and the spring off

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After talking to a few people, i have been recomended to use 11kg ( nm ) rear spring as the circuits i normally race on are hard braking and hard on the gass up and downhill ones. So im guessing the slightly harder spring will deal better with a mor abrupt power delivery ? Setting them up is a bit different isnt it !! Off the bike and lots of measurements ! I have also been told due to the top out spring being quite long I will always get a static sag of about 20mm. This is going to be fun to set up i can tell !!! Rider sag numbers im not too sure about yet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts