Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I let my buddy ride my 05 R6 and sure enough he wrecked it into a gaurd rail. I want to get rid of the bike as quickly as possible so if anyone is interested or has any suggestions please let me know. Everything is still in pretty good condition except the front fork is snapped, front rim is bent, fairings scraped/cracked, gas tank not dented but a few scrapes. motor still works (minor scratches), clean title (did not go through insurance because my friend was driving) - frame appears to not be bent/cracked. I want to sell the bike as a whole and not go through the work taking it apart selling it part by part, but if I have to I will. This has never happened to me before so im not really sure what im doing. If anyone could please help that would be great. Thanks guys.

Dan

2005 YAMAHA R6 11,270 MILES - PICS ARE POSTED BELOW

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Two words: STUNT PIECE!!!!!!:YEA

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im located in Gaithersburg, Maryland. I am working on putting pictures up, im still in the process of locating my usb to load them on the computer. sorry for the delay, theyll be up soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wrecked 2005 yamaha R6. 11,270 miles. Please make a reasonable offer if interested. 20 photos in the attachments file... a few more coming in a few minutes.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Suggestions??? Yes, buy a set of used forks and front rim and get it back up and rolling. Should be easier to sell. :beerchug

I happen to have a complete set of 05 R1 radial mount forks for sale on the R1 forum right now...and rims...LOL

Interests???Yes, but price is a little high for the obvious damage seen. The bad part is I think once you dig in a little there might be more damaged then it appears.:secret

·
Shooo Sheff
882 Posts
shit man, do you go to montgomery college by any chance? theres a guy there with a blue R6 =(. This would be great a for a streeeeeetfighter project!

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
Ide like to get as close to $2000 as possible. Room for negotiation. Gaithersburg, Maryland
Not gonna get anywhere close to that asking price with all the damage seen in the pics. Once u get the fairings off, there might be more damage.

Suggestions??? Yes, buy a set of used forks and front rim and get it back up and rolling. Should be easier to sell. :beerchug
Interests???Yes, but price is a little high for the obvious damage seen. The bad part is I think once you dig in a little there might be more damaged then it appears.:secret
+1, try to get a undamaged front end, install it yourself and then try to sell it. Only other option is to part it out.

Not trying to bash you, but havent u seen enough threads on here of buddies trashing bikes???:screwy

1 - 20 of 49 Posts