Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Roll Tide Roll
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday night I endo-ed my bike doing roughly 70. I was wearing all my gear and only broke my collar bone but my bike is totalled. Its an 03 limited with the red flames. The insurance company is willing to give me 4k after deductable but when i asked about buying the totalled bike back the said it would cost me 2800. So now im stuck because i cant buy another fuel injected r6 for 4k and im not sure if i can fix my bike for 1200. I broke all the plastics (especially the tail!), cracked my subframe, broke my upper fairing stay, broke my front brake handle, and chewed up the top of my forks. The bike still runs thankfully but i have no extra money right now because my medical is only 80% and i cant work because i work for the PBR (Proffesional Bull Riders) so if I cant lift 400 pound panels i cant work. Any advice would be great.

·
Focus
724 Posts
If I were you I'd take that 3500 or so and either apply it towards a new or buy another wrecked bike (that's in better condition than yours obviously) that has a clear title and see about fixing that one.

In my opinion it is not worth fixing a salvage bike, especially for 2800.

·
Dragging Knee
1,603 Posts
Sorry to hear about your incident.

Take the money and run. If you are going to be out of work for awhile you might need the cash to pay the medical bills.

·
Roll Tide Roll
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh crap that sucks. Glad your ok and What if you put the 4k down on a new bike?
I cant work. And then i start school back in august. So payments would really suck.

Off topic but you have to lift 400lbs jesus?!

Haha yeah the panels have to hold 1 ton+ bulls in their pens so you cant afford for them to be skimpy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.