Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Yesterday I tried doing my first wheelie. Stupid I know. I ended up looping it.

I didn't get to see the bike much but what I did see the front headlight and gauge assembly was completely destoryed. The forks looked fine though. Fairings are all destroyed. I did have frame sliders but going down so violently I don't think they did much. Gas tank was completely destroyed and leaking fuel. No coolant or oil seemed to be leaking. The throttle assembly was completely destroyed.

I don't have insurance because it's very expensive. However no police showed up as I was in a secluded area. Any way I can still get some insurance to cover this?

If not; what else can I do? I was thinking about doing everything minimally possible to get the bike running again and make it into a street fighter. However I only have $2000 to my name so if it's not enough maybe part it out. Any suggestions are welcome..

·
make the snow go away!!
215 Posts
Well if you had no insurance then no that won't cover it ha ha. Best option, part what's ok and don't get another one till you have more disposable income

·
Do you even lean bro?
164 Posts
No insurance?

If you can't afford insurance, you may as well sell it to a guy wanting a rebuild. You are sorta...well, screwed.

·
Registered
99 Posts
You wouldn't want to claim that on insurance anyway, it would make your rate go insane. You could buy a new bike with how much your premiums would go up.

r6 parts are everywhere. a set of fairings and gas tank should be less than 500 bucks.

Don't ride without insurance. Its a good way to get sued into third world poverty, or lose your license.

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
Hey guys. Yesterday I tried doing my first wheelie. Stupid I know. I ended up looping it.

I didn't get to see the bike much but what I did see the front headlight and gauge assembly was completely destoryed. The forks looked fine though. Fairings are all destroyed. I did have frame sliders but going down so violently I don't think they did much. Gas tank was completely destroyed and leaking fuel. No coolant or oil seemed to be leaking. The throttle assembly was completely destroyed.

I don't have insurance because it's very expensive. However no police showed up as I was in a secluded area. Any way I can still get some insurance to cover this?

If not; what else can I do? I was thinking about doing everything minimally possible to get the bike running again and make it into a street fighter. However I only have $2000 to my name so if it's not enough maybe part it out. Any suggestions are welcome..
So are you asking for tips on how to commit insurance fraud?

You weren't insured when you crashed = you weren't insured when you crashed. If you can find an insurance company to cover you when you aren't paying them coverage, then go for it?

How did you "not get to see the bike much"? It is your bike, go look at it. For things like forks, triples, frames and wheels, you won't be able to tell if they are okay by just looking (unless it is obvious).

With the damage you described, chances are that $2000 isn't going to be enough. Either sell it in the current condition or turn it into a trackbike.

You wouldn't want to claim that on insurance anyway, it would make your rate go insane. You could buy a new bike with how much your premiums would go up.

r6 parts are everywhere. a set of fairings and gas tank should be less than 500 bucks.

Don't ride without insurance. Its a good way to get sued into third world poverty, or lose your license.
Generally, people who don't have insurance aren't worried about their rates going up.

·
Registered
99 Posts
He was acting like a claim would be a good idea even if he did have insurance. Even a practically new R6 isn't worth making a claim on if it just needs fairings and a tank. Used oem sets in perfect shape are cheap

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I live in Florida where it isn't required to have insurance.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

So are you asking for tips on how to commit insurance fraud?

You weren't insured when you crashed = you weren't insured when you crashed. If you can find an insurance company to cover you when you aren't paying them coverage, then go for it?

How did you "not get to see the bike much"? It is your bike, go look at it. For things like forks, triples, frames and wheels, you won't be able to tell if they are okay by just looking (unless it is obvious).

With the damage you described, chances are that $2000 isn't going to be enough. Either sell it in the current condition or turn it into a trackbike.

Generally, people who don't have insurance aren't worried about their rates going up.
I can't see the bike right now as I have some very bad injuries. Its a 2014 r6 as well with only 2300 miles on it.

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
I ended up looping it.
wow! that took all of, what, 15 posts and one month's time on the forum?

no insurance, too?! this just keeps getting better and better.

unfortunately for you, life just done taught you a lesson the "hard way". don't make it worse by committing insurance fraud on top of it.

i recommend a non-supersport bike for awhile until you learn what you're doing. i also recommend full coverage insurance. my opinion is this: if you can't afford proper insurance, you can't afford to ride.

hope karma didn't sting you too bad. heal up quick...

s3aturnr

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Since no one has asked, what injuries did you sustain WH ? Was this in full ride gear ?

Insurance companies at minimal use their wealth to fund political election campaigns meaning, they made sure insurance fraud carries STIFF consequences. Just a friendly warning not to even entertain the notion. Folks are better off risking armed robbery.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm guessing that the "very bad injuries" might = not wearing much gear. Good luck, sir.
I was wearing helmet gloves and jacket. My legs took a pretty good beating and oddly enough my hands did too. I was wearing Dainese 4 stroke gloves and the pavement ate right through them...

1 - 20 of 67 Posts