Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased my dream bike two weeks ago. 2000 R6.. It has been a mess trying to figure out why the bike has had electrical issues. Its caused the fuel pump to pump to much fuel, sputter, bike die when putting it in gear, etc.. so holy crap... I think I figured it out but needs some advise. Here is the situation. The prior owner of this bike had a new starter relay box installed and a new relay switch installed. Here is the deal. My bike is a year 2000 (on the title) but was manufacture 11/99. The relay that is needed according to the wire diagram on cheapparts.com is 5EB-81950-20-00. The one installed in my bike is a 5EB-81950-00-00 which was installed in June this year. That part according to what I read is for a 99 R6. I think the shop that fixed the bike put in the wrong box. Would you think the wire harness would fit both? Man I am pissed and would like some senior support.. Let me know what you think. It has been a rough two weeks. Also, my bike is a YZFR6L but when you look up the bike the "L" should be a 99 and the YZFR6M should be a 2000? Please let me know whay you think and I appreciate any input!:cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts