Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
^ Jose, but call me Chato
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So is Melandri a bust? I know most of you will say it's his first season on the Yamaha, blah, blah, but come on he is coming from MotoGP.

Your thoughts.

·
You see me trollin'
1,910 Posts
bust.

·
I can ban you
33,576 Posts
Melandri was fast before he got on the ducati.. and he didn't do to bad on the privateer kawasaki... I dunno yet :popcorn:

·
^ Jose, but call me Chato
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think he's gonna have an uphill climb. His teammate I don't know much about, but qualifying 3rd, pretty good I think.

·
You see me trollin'
1,910 Posts

·
The Big R
736 Posts
Well he is riding the "hardest to ride bike" on the grid. Give him time.
Hopefully he will get the hang of it.

·
I named my dog Rossi.
294 Posts
I followed Melandri through his MotoGP career and basically he's talented, but he's weak mentally. If he goes a stretch without doing well he simply won't recover.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Isn't Melandri also still recovering from an operation?? I would give him a bit more time to adjust and get comfortable with the R1. Going from a MotoGP bike to a WSBK bike is a bit more complicated than going from WSS to WSBK. Plus, I think a lot of people have high expectations of him just like with James, though, in the end James turned into a bust.

·
You see me trollin'
1,910 Posts

·
I can ban you
33,576 Posts
Isn't Melandri also still recovering from an operation?? I would give him a bit more time to adjust and get comfortable with the R1. Going from a MotoGP bike to a WSBK bike is a bit more complicated than going from WSS to WSBK. Plus, I think a lot of people have high expectations of him just like with James, though, in the end James turned into a bust.
Rossi was faster than Crutchlow and Toseland a few weeks after his surgery on their R1 :sing

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
True, but that's Rossi.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts