Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Sexy Time
763 Posts
you looking for the mid muffler or a y pipe?

·
Love to RIDE!
238 Posts

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts

·
I Eat My R6
250 Posts
I have an 05 header fitted for a 06-07 WITH a C/F GYTR slip-on. $500 obo. has welded bung and a mid hanger. unlike when you buy just the midpipe they are clamped.. this one is welded. also mjs midpipes dont have hanger on the end of the header where the slip-on joins. mine does.

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
I have an 05 header fitted for a 06-07 WITH a C/F GYTR slip-on. $500 obo. has welded bung and a mid hanger. unlike when you buy just the midpipe they are clamped.. this one is welded. also mjs midpipes dont have hanger on the end of the header where the slip-on joins. mine does.
Whats this Hanger for? I have his custom headers (an it is all welded, not clamped) an my C/F GYTR slip on went on smooth as butter an fit perfectly. So i dont know exactly what ur talking about. maybe im miss understanding what ur saying.

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts

·
Love to RIDE!
238 Posts
You don't need the hanger for the header because of the weight of the header without the cat is 10 pounds lighter.

·
I Eat My R6
250 Posts
HBHarrison-
What i meant was if you buy just the midpipe, then yes you have to clamp them on. Even then the midpipe nor the MJS "Race" header doesnt have the hanger that attaches to wear the OEM cat attached to. Mine does, i welded on a tab and made a custom bracket for it.

Squirrel-
If you dont feel you need a hanger go right ahead. IMO I dont like the weight of the header stressing on my header bolts on the cyclinder head anymore than they have too, even if it does weight 10 lbs less. With all the vibration on the exhaust I feel more comfortable with extra support on it.

Need i remind all- this isnt a midpipe. this is a OEM 05 R6 (actually 07 R6S) header with proper tube size welded onto it to accept a 06-07 slip-on of any kind. This is alot smooth bends and also smoother angles on it than the MJS header. Im not knocking MJS header at all. its great craftsman ship...but mine looks more stock with less welds.

·
Your performance needs
235 Posts
Show me a aftermarket header that has that bracket. You don't need it because the header only weighs 7 pounds. And then with your muffler supporting it as well you dont need it. As everyone knows who has bought my header its very solid on there.

Well I was going to wait awhile before introducing my new header coming out but now I think is the time. I wont have these for sale for about maybe another month or so but it will be worth the wait. These have extensive surgery done to them :) This header is the 07
R6S model

So here is some quick pics. Let me know what you guys think. I will still be making the others as well along with these, I started making these and sold them to some local customers to try them out. Since I cant keep the others in stock I will have 2 styles to choose from. Hopefully the pics show up.

·
Your performance needs
235 Posts
Go to ebay and type in yamaha mid pipe and buy the t-tuner for $135 shipped.
Yeah and you too can gain 15 to 20 HP! :bash Give me a break, here is the exact statement from his ebay auction. "you will increase HP dramatically no matter what .Depending on your location you can gain up to 15 - 20 HP"

If I or anyone else producing a product that could gain you 15 to 20 HP I sure wouldn't be charging $145.00 shipped price for it. And a patent starting costs $5000.00 and thats just to get started and can run up to $35000.00 so I doubt he has a patent on it as if that would make a difference anyways.

·
Your performance needs
235 Posts
BTW I want to make a clarification on this new header coming out. In previous threads I mentioned that the R6S header was smaller inside diameter tube size than the 06-08 which after further research on the 06-08 it starts out at 1.520 but then about 1 1/2 inches later it reduces to 1.420 just like the R6S header.

Just wanted to clarify this to everyone.

Dyno results on this new header will be within a week or so. The place I go to has just installed a new dyno and I am waiting for them to get it up and going.

·
Sexy Time
763 Posts
So MJS are you saying that yours is way better then the the T-tuner? I see them as being close to the same you might edge them by a little becaue of the smoothness and with yours being much less of a hassel being that the welding is already done. Correct me if Im wrong though for the benifit of all. I do think that 15 to 20hp is a joke. 15 with a custom mapped pcIII or maybe TFI, race filter, slip on, and t tuner (or yours) sounds closer to reality.

·
Your performance needs
235 Posts
So MJS are you saying that yours is way better then the the T-tuner? I see them as being close to the same you might edge them by a little becaue of the smoothness and with yours being much less of a hassel being that the welding is already done. Correct me if Im wrong though for the benifit of all. I do think that 15 to 20hp is a joke. 15 with a custom mapped pcIII or maybe TFI, race filter, slip on, and t tuner (or yours) sounds closer to reality.
I am not saying mine is better or his sucks, I just think he needs to dyno his and show us this 15 to 20 HP. I dont want to get into a battle of whos is better.

I seem to be the only one who comes on here, shows my product, dynos it tests it and then shows the results. Mine gained 7.1HP with my original header design. I will get the scanned copy of the dyno sheet up soon.

Stock here at 5000 feet dynoed at 98HP. Mine with the stuff I list on my site went 105.1

Its very hard to gain 15 to 20 HP without spending some major coin.

·
Sexy Time
763 Posts
Ok cools. I actually do like yours a little better for the record. I already bought a t tuner though for a 100 off of a local guy or else I prob would have got yours. Now I have to hollow out the pipes my self saw of the mid and weld everything back together- Might be cheaper but then again I may spend the diff in beer for that day while im doing it, lol. Hey whats your opinion on a tfi and tuning it yourself or getting a dyno tuned pcIII?

·
Your performance needs
235 Posts
Ok cools. I actually do like yours a little better for the record. I already bought a t tuner though for a 100 off of a local guy or else I prob would have got yours. Now I have to hollow out the pipes my self saw of the mid and weld everything back together- Might be cheaper but then again I may spend the diff in beer for that day while im doing it, lol. Hey whats your opinion on a tfi and tuning it yourself or getting a dyno tuned pcIII?
:lmao Well it does look like you like your beer! With your pic you have up!hahaha

If you're going to get a pc3 then the best thing to do is dyno it for your best results, this will tell you exactly what you need to do then. But most places charge 3 hundie.

You can always go to the pc site and download maps from there for free and try different ones out but then again you're kinda shooting in the dark without night vision :)

·
I Eat My R6
250 Posts
MJS-
thank is the exact same pipe I have. Looks better and im sure it will flow better too than your original. btw my full GYTR titanuim exhaust on my old R6 had hangers...and it was lighter than the OEM w/o cats for sure. thats cool if you want all that stress on the gasket and clamp holding your muffler on...more power to ya. but the 07 R6s has a tab on it all you have to due is make a 2" straight bracket drill 2 holes and utilize OEM bolts. just my opinion. might give you the edge over competition. also, how are you getting your OEM r6s headers?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts