Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got a 4-5k rpm flat spot and misfire under light throttle input, which that range seems to be growing each day.. So I'm looking for a set of four 06-07 R6 coil packs.. I metered mine, and they were within spec... Which leads me to believe that metering coils and the results meaning SFA.

So, I'm looking either for advice on the cheapest place to buy new, or seeing if anyone has a proper working set with low hours sitting on a shelf somewhere. Or, if you know of a coil from another unit that'll work that is cheaper, I'll also accept that info.

Lmk what you've got. Thanks-

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Being as tho I don't like leaving threads without answers or solutions, I may as well put what I found out.

With a bike that is running worse by the day, a mad search began.. I found out the cheapest price online for oem 06-07 coil packs was partzilla coming in at just under $90ea. Dealers in Alberta were charging about $130ea , next closest price was CSP & Bikebandit around $115ea, with a no can find on ebay for less than $200ea...

Hopefully they aren't back ordered.

·
Registered
22 Posts
IU have a set.$100 shipped
Do you still have them? I bought my bike about a month ago and replaced two of the coils with used coils and ended up ripping it back apart and switching the two i changed. It got better than when i bought it but now it has a major dead spot at 10k rpm. I really don't feel like spending the money on a new set but I also don't want to have the same problem with used ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts