Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/girls, I'm brand new to this site and very excited to get on a new bike. What I'm looking to purchase is a 09-2012 yamaha r6 in either black or silver. My most ideal would be the raven edition. Also looking for a bike that had under10k miles, if not one that was meticulously maintained with records.

I am located in the Chicagoland area, more specifically my area code is 60046. I'm willing To travel about an hour, give or take. Those who are further out and willing to meet half way or so are fine by me as well!

Thanks,
Josh

·
track junkie
2,248 Posts
Hey guys/girls, I'm brand new to this site and very excited to get on a new bike. What I'm looking to purchase is a 09-2012 yamaha r6 in either black or silver. My most ideal would be the raven edition. Also looking for a bike that had under10k miles, if not one that was meticulously maintained with records.

I am located in the Chicagoland area, more specifically my area code is 60046. I'm willing To travel about an hour, give or take. Those who are further out and willing to meet half way or so are fine by me as well!

Thanks,
Josh
you're in luck, my man!

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274834

feast your eyes on this beauty!

it's a perfect example of the "raven edition" (aside from the orange) that has been meticulously maintained, just had the forks refreshed at the end of april this year. just put on a brand new ohlins ttx mk2 shock and i now have 2 sets of wheels, one of which has a brand-spanking new set of michelin rain tires.

definitely have under 10k miles on this as it's only ridden on the track.

price is firm, you come to me, cash-only, no test rides. but, it's a great machine...

s3aturnr

:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha thanks for the replies.

R6BLONDIE: I have been obsessively checking the for sale page for something in my area. so far no luck, but no giving up! if you see or hear of anything feel free to PM or post it here, any help is greatly appreciated. but again thanks for the advice!

S3aturnR: Ill let you know when I rob the bank down the street ;)! but until then I am not sure if that bike fits the budget. but I appreciate the effort!

Side note, color isn't a must, just always what I had imagined (raven edition/color scheme) when it came to purchasing my first r6.

Keep the posts coming, again checking this thread hourly. I desperately want to make a purchase on a beautiful bike. It will be going to a great home :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha patience is something I am having a hard time with! that being said I am holding out on the right bike. I have a few prospects I am looking into on craigs at the moment, but so far no luck. Maybe you guys can help me make a choice, would you rather go for something like an 08/09 that is less money or something like a 2012 on the upper end of the budget. To me the only benefit seems to be that it is obviously 3-4 years newer. for example I am looking into an 08 around $6k and then there is a 2012 listed around $8k. not sure if that extra 2k is worth it if the mileage is relatively the same. Again thanks for all the help guys!

Keep any for sale bikes coming, watching this thread obsessively

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey everybody, figured I would post a closing comment. I am the proud new owner of a 2008 liquid silver Yamaha r6. completely bone stoke with 9k miles on it, and should be picking up today. Just wanted to thank everyone for the help!

I know this isn't the correct place to post this, but since I already have a thread going figured I might as well ask. I'm trying to pick up a little riding gear before the bike gets home. Right now I am stuck on what helmet to pick up. So far I am leaning towards the Icon Airmada or the Bell revolver EVO warp. Trying to stay at or around $200 if possible. Any recommendations for a great product would be very appreciated! I don't like being to flashy so staying away from crazy graphics, but all recommendations will help.

Thanks, Josh

·
track junkie
2,248 Posts
I know this isn't the correct place to post this, but since I already have a thread going figured I might as well ask. I'm trying to pick up a little riding gear before the bike gets home. Right now I am stuck on what helmet to pick up. So far I am leaning towards the Icon Airmada or the Bell revolver EVO warp. Trying to stay at or around $200 if possible. Any recommendations for a great product would be very appreciated! I don't like being to flashy so staying away from crazy graphics, but all recommendations will help.

Thanks, Josh
don't buy icon gear. avoid at all costs. icon buys their helmets from HJC, so you can cut out the middle man and get the same type of helmet for less (minus the squid graphics).

also, can't put a price on safety. i've been using the bell star and it's been a great helmet. check for closeout sales and TRY THEM ON before you buy. it would suck if you got a great deal on a helmet only to find it doesn't fit the shape of your head...

s3aturnr

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.