Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys and gals i have an 04 r6 type s and i want to buy some frame sliders that are NO CUT. help me out. plz n thxs

·
Born 2 Ride YAMAHA
788 Posts
Cut your fairings or don't put any on. The no cut ones just break off and they won't help you in a crash anyways.

·
Slammed and Stretched!!!
772 Posts
Cut your fairings or don't put any on. The no cut ones just break off and they won't help you in a crash anyways.
That was the stupidest response I have ever read. That is not true in any way. Cut or No Cut, they can still break off. I have no cuts, and I have friends with no cuts that have crashed, and the no cuts held up very well.

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
when i just started riding, i posted this in another thread. i still stick by my decision:

I've done soooo much more research on these stupid sliders than anybody should ever do in their lifetime. i'm going with the woodcraft and here's why (without sounding too much like i'm copying and pasting their stock info):

- just like the vortex sliders (and a few others), they have a replaceable puck. however, instead of bolting strait into the frame, they are bolted parallel with the frame (perpendicular to the slider). this allows for a couple things. 1) if u mess up a vortex puck pretty bad, it can be hard to go fishing for the bolt. the woodcraft is always easily accessible from the side no matter how f***ed up the puck gets. 2) without the access hole, you have about twice as much material for the bike to slide on before ur plastics meet the pavement.

- as the girls always say, length is important. however, when it comes to sliders, really big can be too big. if your slider is too long, it might actually cause ur bike to flip instead of sliding which defeats the whole purpose of the sliders anyway. now u have a completely totaled bike. on the other hand, a slider that's too short is obv just not gonna protect anything. the woodcrafts are designed to be right in the prefect length range. i know for my R6, the left one is even a tiny bit longer than the right so that they both protrude the same amount on both sides.

- lastly, they come in the hard plastic puck material. i heard thats the best material bc the all-aluminum sliders tend to be pretty harsh on the frame when the bike goes down hard. the hard plastic dampens the fall a little. also, it lessens the chance of getting any additional snags or catching the pavement which can also result in the bike flipping.

and they look cool as shit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts