Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Id like to buy a mint if used slip on for my 2012 r6. I just got the bike, brand new as a left over 3 months ago so there isnt a stratch on it and i dont really want a beat up used slip on bc thatd look funny lol. I already have a pcv with autotune and a mjs mid pipe on stock header with the cats not drilled out and im looking for a deep throaty sound. I mostly want a toce exhaust but 370 plus shipping for a basically stright pipe is pretty silly if you ask me. Im also open to hear about other any slipons you guys have forsale.

Thanks!

·
07 Blue R6
222 Posts
All I did was gut the headers and weld an m4 y pipe on. Was $65 and sounds deep and throaty. It's louder but not obnoxious. Still have the stock can on with the exup connected. Just a way to save money. Slip ons don't add much power not change the sound too much. It does change the looks. A full exhaust, taking the cat box off, and gutting the headers will change the sound drastically. Just my $0.02 good luck man!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Dont do it, that's the squidliest pipe on the market now aside from TBR.

·
Registered
98 Posts
How do you have a MJS midpipe with the cats not drilled out? Midpipe removes the cat...

Unless you're talking about the honeycomb?

Anyways, a Toce or any other straight slip on like that will be ridiculously loud. I don't even mean obnoxious. I mean STUPID, retarded loud. You'll want to invest in another slip on that baffles some sound. You don't want to be that guy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the clamp on mjs mid pipe on a used set of headers i got cheap cheap on craigslist from an 08 r6 with the honeycomb cats still in the pipe (i cut the big muffler box off right at the edge of the honeycomb cats keeping the honeycomb still attatched to headers to keep SOME back pressure, at least that was the idea of me keeping it in). I installed it all on my 2012 with he stock slipon and exup still attatched then i got and installed a power commander v and autotune. It made it louder but not really that much. I want it deeper and throaty so thats when i saw the toce exhaust , but noone seems to have one used for sale so does anyone have any other brands slightly used slipon seeing how that was the point of this thread to find a slightly used slip on. Thanks everyone for all your input.

Rymoney : basically we have the same setup right now as far as exhaust goes except my mid pipe is mjs, but i want it louder and deeper/throaty.

Herooooo: following the pic i attatched from a faq on this forum i cut the stock exhaust at the blue line (didnt drill out the green part) and clamped on my mjs midpipe.

Attachments

·
07 Blue R6
222 Posts
Drilling the honeycombs out should make it louder. Will slow the baffling down.
GYTR slip ones have less baffling than stock and are pretty much straight through. That will make it loud. Maybe look into one of those. A toce exhaust might be hard to find. Good luck though man!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chief, thats what i thought and i figured if i left it in id always have the option to go back in there and drill it out but if i drilled it out from the start id never have the option of going back. Thanks for the advice! While i have the chief expert in tuning on my thread, what do you think is ideal target AFR for 2012 r6? I have it set at low 13.6 then wot 13. But it seems my autotune just makes it sluggish and crappy once it makes trim changes :( should i have it lower or higher? Also once this riding season is over im definatly sending you my ecu. I wish i could do it now but i just got it a couple months ago and living in the northeast i dont want to lose any riding time, know what i mean... Ive read and learned SOO much from you, blue rebel and ohioyj im sure the info you guys have posted over the years has helped many many new riders like myself, i cant thank you guys enough!

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Chief, thats what i thought and i figured if i left it in id always have the option to go back in there and drill it out but if i drilled it out from the start id never have the option of going back. Thanks for the advice! While i have the chief expert in tuning on my thread, what do you think is ideal target AFR for 2012 r6? I have it set at low 13.6 then wot 13. But it seems my autotune just makes it sluggish and crappy once it makes trim changes :( should i have it lower or higher? Also once this riding season is over im definatly sending you my ecu. I wish i could do it now but i just got it a couple months ago and living in the northeast i dont want to lose any riding time, know what i mean... Ive read and learned SOO much from you, blue rebel and ohioyj im sure the info you guys have posted over the years has helped many many new riders like myself, i cant thank you guys enough!

:cheers

12.8 low throttle %'s and 13-13.1 higher %'s.

The autotune does a great job but you really have to blend and smooth the map manually after the trims are applied. It doesn't average anything from cell to cell like it should

:YEA

·
Ex-AMA Privateer
153 Posts
as300zx27,
Sent you a PM on this FMF Slip-On I have for $300 shipped:

Talk to you later.
Thanks.
Marcel Graeber
(805) 404-4191 (cell)
[email protected]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is a beautiful exhaust. I already have mjs mid pipe, do you know if paired with the mid pipe, is it LOUD? Or better do you have a soundclip with the full exhaust on r6 or with midpipe? I looked on youtube but it just has the slip on sound clips with that big muffler still attatched to the headers.

·
Ex-AMA Privateer
153 Posts
as300zx27,
I assume you got my PM with the video link of the pipe on the bike before I parted it out.
I only know how it sounded on the stock exhaust.
Sorry I can't be of more help with how it sounds, but let me know if you want to get it to run on your bike and we can sort out the payment and shipping details.
Talk to you later and I look forwards to doing business with you on this slip-on.
Thanks.
Marcel Graeber
(805) 404-4191 (cell)
[email protected]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts