Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this is a video of a friend essentially being T-boned while riding at NJMP T-BOLT.

There are many lines going into that turn, but I have no clue what the Guy in the White / Blue Suit was thinking.

Luckily my buddy walked away with just a hairline fracture in his knee. The other rider never acknowledged nor even apologized for what happened.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
June 12th, you were there, happened during the mock race i think, I was not there but I saw photos of you lining up at the start of the race!

BTW How have you been Billy?

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
Man, I'd be pissed. It may have been smart for the guy to not apologize or anything. I might have beat the crap out of him the second he walked up. It's unfortunate but that's the risk you take on the track. At least no one was seriously injured.

I myself would have apologized or perhaps asked someone to deliver an apology check for whatever I could afford. No sense in possibly escalating the situation by immediately going over to talk the the other party.

·
Parts Pimp
26,461 Posts
It didn't look like he had begun to turn? Was there a mechanical failure?
No, he shit himself on the brakes hoping he could slow down enough to not clip that guys tire. You can't run down the inside like that in that turn. Even if he did turn on that line he had he would run so wide thrut the middle of the turn or it woulda been such a tight line he would have ran off the apron well before you'd even run onto it with any decent line.

Half track turn in there is REAL hairy

I was hit there repeatedly this year when a bike hit my tail and the brake lever was pushing my undertail which cartwheeled the bike, then it kept hitting me until I was on the edge of the track when the bike ROCKED me and shot me to the wall. I was like :eek5 :burnout:

·
billdozer
1,865 Posts
June 12th, you were there, happened during the mock race i think, I was not there but I saw photos of you lining up at the start of the race!

BTW How have you been Billy?
where are these pics of me lining up on the grid?! there have been a few too many red flagged mock races this year :nono

i've been good, enjoying group 4 and having fun riding. I was dissapointed when i heard you weren't gonna make it out to the td at the end of july. Hope to see you back out there sooner than later.

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
:eek5 He was definitely going in to the turn to hot. Sucks for your buddy. I would have been pissed for sure.

·
Registered
507 Posts
That's messed up.... what was he doing on that side of the track anyway.

·
Parts Pimp
26,461 Posts
That's messed up.... what was he doing on that side of the track anyway.
This is how race starts are bro. He may have had a good launch, etc and kept passing people and every person you go by you get closer and closer to the inside of the track. It sucks too cause TOO many people don't realize they need to ride their brakes on the sight in lap to get them hot so you don't blow thru T1.

I bet he was clamped on the brakes and wasn't getting what he was used to getting out of em since there wasn't any heat in there.

He should have looked left to see if he could have come off his line a bit.

T1 at any race launch is like rollerderby on bikes bro. Bumpin, rubbin, elbow to elbow, making passes on the apron across the dirt, etc.

·
Registered
507 Posts
looks like one of those OH SHIT moments where someone came into turn one way too hot, not to mention his piss poor line judgement.
Or just too hot for his own riding skill/level.

·
Derp
1,308 Posts
No, he shit himself on the brakes hoping he could slow down enough to not clip that guys tire. You can't run down the inside like that in that turn. Even if he did turn on that line he had he would run so wide thrut the middle of the turn or it woulda been such a tight line he would have ran off the apron well before you'd even run onto it with any decent line.
That looks like EXACTLY what happened. Wow... That's scary stuff.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Did your buddy go down? It doesnt look like it.... I see him stand the bike up after the guy runs into him, but can't see what happened afterwards.

Did the fracture happen from the initial bike impact?

·
Stunt Rider
7,977 Posts
My guess: Brakes malfunctioned.

·
Suk it, Lee
19,071 Posts
Really awkward looking line.

God damn! Surprised no one was badly hurt!

Edit: Just realized that is almost just what the video says at the start... :laugh

·
Registered
507 Posts
My guess: Brakes malfunctioned.
if they did he would have been going MUCH faster... one of two things can happen when brakes malfunction:

1) they don't work and you don't slow down
2) they seize and you lock the front tire

1 - 20 of 23 Posts