Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
and a chica booma chic!
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in love with this helmet here:

My question to you guys is it worth the price? I have a chunk of change coming in. Also, after my latest helmet took a fat rock to the forehead and chipped the hell out of it, I was looking into a new shoei. I love the paint job on it but was just seeking the opinions of those who have the helmet already or those who have tried them out. I love the new features it has over the x-11. The helmet I have now is an RF-1000. I was also thinking about the 1100 but the design and new spoiler/airflow on the x-12 caught my eye.

The joys of living in the country with screwed up roads are the rocks, dirt, potholes, tractors, semi's hauling huge amounts of hay falling out, semi's hauling huge amounts of dung falling out, and idiot drivers :jacked

·
^^ tallest Yamaha rider^^
6,296 Posts
it's a great helmet for sure. I had the x12 and rf1100 on my head for a while at the store and while the x12 felt a little better, it was too expensive for me.

if u can afford it, i'd definitely buy it..i've heard good things about TJ at riders discount, give him a call and see if he'll give u a better deal :)

·
and a chica booma chic!
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I remember seeing it for $583 or so somewhere just recently. I'm hoping when I get my paycheck in that it will still be selling for that much. I know that they are trying to sell their old x-11's etc for cheap now. I need to go through my history and see where that sale was. I've only been seeing it most everywhere else for $680-$700.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thats a sick looking helmet for sure. I don't think its worth the extra $ though. I have a RF-1000 and am perfectly happy with it.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I work at cyclegear we have that helmet and everyone loves it or loves their x12 they are a great helmet especially for the price it vents great and doesn't wobble at high speeds, I'm pretty sure we have them on sale though for 499

·
and a chica booma chic!
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
499 for the streamliner x-12? dayum! Yeah, the main reason was because of how much more air it is supposed to flow through the helmet. I live in a blow dryer during the summer. I need all the venting I can get with a helmet. I have an RF 1000 right now and it does flow the air through but I am looking for more without having to pop the visor at higher speeds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts