Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Night Riderz
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Who has them on their bike and how do you guys prefer them over the stock lights??? Just looking for general feedback from those who have them.

And here's a bonus vid of my newest R6. TTuner Mid-Pipe with a Graves Slip...

Thanks,
JD

·
Registered
41 Posts
I put them on my bike after reading all the great reviews on here, could not be happier. Before I installed them, I thought the bike had poor lighting, not anymore.

·
Kasanova
387 Posts
Very good, relatively cheap mod. Uses less power than the stock bulbs, that is if you got the 35W kit (some have the 55W), and makes you ALOT more visible. Youre basicly riding around with two Arc Welders infront of you! and those will burn you retinas if you stare at them with no eye protection

·
Night Riderz
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great feedback, thanks. I wasn't sure of their quality being that the bulbs are so cheap. Now I can't wait to put them on!

·
YZF-R6 Fighter Pilot
188 Posts
Are these xenon headlights go with a HID lighting kit, or are they just light bulbs you can buy to replace the stocks.

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
bike sounds damn good man

·
Night Riderz
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just the bulbs...I installed them earlier. Easy to get the bulb out, but what a PITA to put back on. Trying to snap the metal clip in while tightening the screws was a b***h. Anyway, they look good and maybe they're a bit brighter, but I think the small light in the middle looks horrible now.

I love the sound too but every time I pass a cop I think he's gonna pull me over for noise polution, lol. Hmm, has that ever happened to anyone here?

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Xenons bulbs use MORE power than your standard halogen bulb & run VERY hot.Some will melt the plastic around the bulb or even the wires.I think most who replied thought you meah HID lamps.Xenon is a gas,like halogen is a gas & some HID lamps have xenon gas in them.They(HID) use LESS power(35 watts) than standard bulbs(55/65 watts), but HIDs will burn w/a brightness of 85 watts.While only using 35 watts for this.Also some xenon bulbs will burn out rather quickly.In as little as a couple days to 2-3 weeks.Depending on useage.I have HIDs in both my bikes & my car.Used to have xenon bulbs in the car, but they made the relays trip sometimes causing the headlights & dash gauges to go out .Eventually i got rid of them after reading about other users say their lights like would flicker or Hi-beams not working properly to melted wires.Go with an HID kit.They're not that expensive any more.

·
Registered
932 Posts
So how do your high beams work with hid, if your constantly switching the hi's on and off don't your bulbs have to warm up for a couple seconds?

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
I dont constantly switch my hi-beam on/off.In fact its always on & works normally.A few seconds to warm up is less time than it takes the bike to warm up.By the time i ride off its done.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I installed HID into my low beam and left the high beam stock. It's also not good for the HID bulbs to be turned on/off repeatedly. I have the second half to my kit available if anyone is interested. PM me.

·
I got an R6000
114 Posts
I got the xenon and love em. I got the middle light changed out from tripageled.com

they are good people they worked with me and made sure the product I got was the best possible quality. As a side note if you get one from them I had to straighten one of the wires to keep the connection consistent.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts