Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of ordering a lap timer for my 07 R6.
I need help and suggestions on installation and placement of the receiver.
The unit is available with a 2' cord as well as a 6' cord.

Can anyone tell me which of these is preferable?

Photos would be of great help, as well as what your preferred mounting method is (i.e. zip ties, duct tape or chewing gum)

BTW if anyone is selling one please post up!

·
Super Mod
1,292 Posts
I bought the fork mount from them as well so I could put it up front. The timer comes with sticky velcro that will be perfect to hold everything on. This is what I do...

sensor on the fairing

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the post, is the receiver velcroed in place? do you need to keep the sensor upright perpendicular to the road? does it matter if it points up or down ever so slightly?
I think the fairings are not necessarily flat at that position so I guess I am asking if it matters at all

·
Registered
13 Posts
I went with the 2' cord. I have it velcroed to the air duct assembly. All I have to do is point it in whatever direction the beacon is. Works like a charm.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the post, is the receiver velcroed in place? do you need to keep the sensor upright perpendicular to the road? does it matter if it points up or down ever so slightly?
I think the fairings are not necessarily flat at that position so I guess I am asking if it matters at all
It should be flat as possible.

·
Super Mod
1,292 Posts
Agreed. Flatter the better. Mine is pointing down slightly, and it misses a lot. I am going to put a little wedge under it to lift the front so its flat.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great Thanks for helping out. I am assuming that on the six foot cable the receiver would be placed flat on the tail pointing in either direction?

·
Super Mod
1,292 Posts
Great Thanks for helping out. I am assuming that on the six foot cable the receiver would be placed flat on the tail pointing in either direction?
yeah, you would def have a lot more options with it.

·
fok mi! fok u!
260 Posts
I had no luck with my transmitter triggering the lap timer. Made me sad :(

possibly had the transmitter facing the wrong switches/LED's to the track?

Mine is velcro'd across the lower part of my cluster. I don't need to see my lower RPM's, I'm never there ;)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had no luck with my transmitter triggering the lap timer. Made me sad :(

possibly had the transmitter facing the wrong switches/LED's to the track?

Mine is velcro'd across the lower part of my cluster. I don't need to see my lower RPM's, I'm never there ;)
So where you able to get you receiver to work at all?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts