Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did any of you guys get this extended service when you bought your bike or...planned to buy it thereafter before the factory warranty of 12 months?

I skipped it when I bought my R6 but thought I would get it afterwards before the factory warranty is due.

Do you guys think it is worth it? I mean I trust Yamaha that our bikes will last long and free of factory defects? Please respond to anyone who purchased this Y.E.S. and let us all know what you think

~Mike~

·
Registered
419 Posts
I bought it. I figured that sure Yamaha makes good stuff but I don't want to pay for a Tranny or Motor if one just decided to blow up! 400 dollars for a free engine or tranny or anything else that cost 1000+ is totally worth it. Plus if you buy it up front it only cost you $8.33 a month. Not bad Fubar INS if you ask me.

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
I bought it to cover my @ss, I'll let you know if it saves me once I get my bike, and once the factory warranty expires.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I bought it also since I dont' know how to fix my own bike and I figure if something goes out its gonna cost as much if not more than the warranty price to fix anyways.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
im gonna get it when it gets close to my 1 year warranty goin out. just like the extra protection incase somethin bad happens.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I'd get it. if nothing else, it helps resale a lot. Also, now thanks to the coils burning, if that happens next summer again, i'm gonna make htem warranty it. And with the coils at $85 a piece, that almost already pays for itself!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yah I got it too, cost me like 400 bucks but I think its worth it. If something goes wrong the first visit to the shop will more than pay for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts