Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't ridden my six in five weeks...The weather has been nice about 78 degrees when I get home from work but the bike still has a flat rear. I need to get a new tire. I have been taking my Dads VSTAR out on Sundays because he doesn't ride it but I do miss the fun of my six. I tried riding it with a plug but the tire went down and scared the the hell out of me when I tried to turn.

I will get that thing fixed soon. I miss it! :nocontrol

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
quit slackin!

·
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know! I think I will replug it tomorrow and at least wash it....

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
dont plug it at all, just buy a new tire. plugs are the easiest way to go down!

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
My front wheel is in South Carolina right now, so I feel your pain. I hit a pothole on the highway at about 70 while leaned over. Luckily I didn't go down. Unluckily it bent both wheels. The front was so bad that it doesn't quite hold air anymore. The rear is just barely noticeable. So I shipped the front off to get it straightened back on the 8th. It should be back any day now... Then I will get my new tires mounted and finally get to ride again.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
do not plug it. plugs are cool for cars, they have four wheels and if something happened you have a chance of being ok. think about it, if that plug shoots out at 80 mph + you will have problems. BUY A NEW TIRE. i got a nail in my rear tire after less than 200 miles of replacing my tires and i bought a brand new rear. the tire was pretty much brand new but my tires are what separate me from the pavement. that not something i take a chance on!!!!

·
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im plugging the tire so I can move the bike around easier if I need to, I do not plan on riding with a plug...I did that once already and it threw the plug after only 5 miles...Im going to get a new tire. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts