Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
I eat YOUR r6
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im gonna be financing my new r6 (if it ever comes.........) with my yamaha card and i just have a question for anyone whos used their card to finance.......what kind of rate (apr) did u get? when i financed my yz 250 it was 17.99% but thats when i first got the card 4 years ago but ive since paid that off and now have a $0 balance but i was just curious what u guys got cuz im hoping like hell it wont be anything close to 17.99.................

·
Registered
850 Posts
munoxide said:
im gonna be financing my new r6 (if it ever comes.........) with my yamaha card and i just have a question for anyone whos used their card to finance.......what kind of rate (apr) did u get? when i financed my yz 250 it was 17.99% but thats when i first got the card 4 years ago but ive since paid that off and now have a $0 balance but i was just curious what u guys got cuz im hoping like hell it wont be anything close to 17.99.................
Check to see if they're running any promos... I got mine for 3.9 for 2 years...

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
munoxide said:
Once the balloon payment starts I'm in tier 2, which is 13.9% I believe, but I'm going to try real fuggin hard to have it paid off before then.

·
I eat YOUR r6
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did u get the 3.9% this last year?how old are you?

·
I eat YOUR r6
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
damn they have a 4.9% for 2 yrs but only till jan 31st which i doubt it will be here by then but hopefully..........

·
I eat YOUR r6
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
shit man im 24 i should be able to get the lowest rate now..............is this your first bike on your card?

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
holy shit 17.99%!!! wtf!!! if thats all you got then dont get it. check the promos. usually its only for the first 2 years though, after that it usually jumps over the 13% range. before the end of the promo try to get a signature loan from a bank. or do what my friend did. he got a new credit card with a fixed 4.9% apr, it will never go up, and a $10k limit. it was perfect timing for him because he wanted the new 1000RR. he ended up paying with the credit card and the rest in cash.

worst part is i got the same card and the new R1 looks very tempting.

·
Registered
850 Posts
yeah, my first bike on the card... I plan to pay it off well before the 2 yrs is up... after that I think I'm in tier 2 or something...

·
I eat YOUR r6
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the 17.99 was for the yz 250 dirtbike that i already got and already paid off but that was back when i was 20 yrs young and im hoping that when i finance the r6 ill get a better rate..............but i THINK i got that high of a rate was because i got the approved for the card and bought the bike the same day i dunno...........

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
I have 3.9% for first two years and I'm 22. But my dealer told me that he has approved less than 5 guys for tier one, so don't feel too bad.

BTW your age has nothing to with your credit rating, which is what they base the rate off. And I have really good credit.

·
Something Clever
1,272 Posts
I've got the same thing, 3.9% for 2 years and 13% after that. Don't fuss over their promos, they will most likely have something else as soon as the 4.9 is up.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'm 23 and when I got my bike I have 3.9% for the first 2 years then it jumps up to 21 %. So I will be sure to have that paid off in 2 years. Don't bother having them run your credit report because I have awsome credit it all depends on how you pay off other credit cards that you have at least thats what they told me here in VA.

·
I eat YOUR r6
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i have all good credit card status and all no late payments or anything plus i have a 99 mustang gt paid in full and the yz 250 paid in full and all that other crap..............ill prolly get the 4.9

1 - 20 of 25 Posts