Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a sound clip other then the following one from the sticky thread with clips in it.

Yamaha GYT-R Exhaust (TuningForkR6)
http://damnnet.com/download;387

Anyone? Someone have an idea of how it sounds; deep, high, bee like, really loud???

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't have a clip but I have the gtr slip-on on my 6 and it is louder than that vid. If you were there in person I would say it was louder and less muffled sounding. Hope it helps

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
red_6 said:
I don't have a clip but I have the gtr slip-on on my 6 and it is louder than that vid. If you were there in person I would say it was louder and less muffled sounding. Hope it helps
I might be able to get one cheap, but I wanted to know how it sounded first. I'm looking for a low toned pipe, and louder then stock.... Brain @ HammyTheCanMan suggested a Hindle, but the whole $$ thing...blah blah blah

·
Registered
963 Posts
Hey Drhodes, me and slowestrider heard the yamaha gyt-r in person. It's not very loud. It's louder than stock, but you'll get eclipsed by any other exhaust out there. It sounds a little low, but to be honest with you, he and I were both disappointed in how quiet it was compared to the stock exhaust. A little louder, but not by much....

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I would like a quite a bit louder then stock pipe, so I think I'll stay away from this one.

Thanks for the info!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts