Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Insane. Can't believe it. The R6 is officially no more after this year
Ok so the guys above didn't bother to dig a little more. This site is saying you can still buy one

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,049 Posts
Didn't read it yet... sad.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
5,930 Posts
600 class is going the way of the 750. The CBR has been on the hit list for a few years, the ZX6 is no longer a 600, and now that someone has figured out the chassis, it is killing the competition on track.

I expect Yamaha will bring out a 675 ss based on their 3 cyl platform to replace the R6.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
600 class is going the way of the 750. The CBR has been on the hit list for a few years, the ZX6 is no longer a 600, and now that someone has figured out the chassis, it is killing the competition on track.

I expect Yamaha will bring out a 675 ss based on their 3 cyl platform to replace the R6.
It's the euro 5 emissions rules that's killing everything. They had to redesign the R1 cylinder head and add 3 more converters to the exhaust to get it to pass. We don't have those restrictions in the usa. But we are such a small market the manufacturers can't build a model just for us. So the world over liberal cancel culture is hitting motorcycles also. Liberals are a cancer on the world.

·
Touchdown!
1,352 Posts
It's the crack down to save the environment. Everything will be all electric soon, so get what you can while things are still available.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's the euro 5 emissions rules that's killing everything. They had to redesign the R1 cylinder head and add 3 more converters to the exhaust to get it to pass. We don't have those restrictions in the usa. But we are such a small market the manufacturers can't build a model just for us. So the world over liberal cancel culture is hitting motorcycles also. Liberals are a cancer on the world.
i literally joined this forum just tell you, you’re 100 percent correct “KEK for life” but regardless of the situation it’s really sad because this will slowly affect the entire industry, also remember here in the state’s we have worse noise laws. As a result we get some really weird stock ecu tunes.2020 bmw s1000rr anybody lol

but it’s all about emissions killing off the mid level classes and it also doesn’t help you can go buy a used 600. And not miss out on any performance. They have gone down the way of the PS vita or Wii U. Not enough sales to rationalize anymore invest thus causing slow sales, and the vicious cycle will continue

·
Registered
44 Posts
Keep in mind we probably won’t see the 2021 cbr 600 in America either...hard not to feel like the world is ending

·
Touchdown!
1,352 Posts
The good thing is, even after being out of production, there still will be hundreds of thousands of these things around.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
I have been of the opinion the last 10yrs that the bike is terrible on the street. Fantastic track bike though. Id rather see Yamaha sell these as "off road only" and offer race contingency to promote the brand. It seems like a waste spending $14k on a new bike to have to pull off street stuff you're never going to use... this will save $$$ and expensive testing.
So maybe we can buy stripped versions (sans body & exhaust) to be race or track prepped.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have been of the opinion the last 10yrs that the bike is terrible on the street. Fantastic track bike though. Id rather see Yamaha sell these as "off road only" and offer race contingency to promote the brand. It seems like a waste spending $14k on a new bike to have to pull off street stuff you're never going to use... this will save $$$ and expensive testing.
So maybe we can buy stripped versions (sans body & exhaust) to be race or track prepped.
didn't you guys see, yamaha plans to keep selling them as a race only bike. not street legal. damn roadracing world didn't mention that.

·
Touchdown!
1,352 Posts
And every time someone crashes one, another tear is shed.
Did you shed a tear for mine when it went down at LS?

Although, after some surgery, she still survived and looks pretty damn decent IMO.

didn't you guys see, yamaha plans to keep selling them as a race only bike. not street legal. damn roadracing world didn't mention that.
I, and I'm sure others, have read it in an article or two by now. No more street production for the R6 due to emission standards in good ol' Eroupe.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just think there’s something to be said for it all. It’s safe to say the golden age of these machines is past us with the population of the world always increasing yet demand decreasing, speaks for itself. I also think a track focused r6 is gonna be the bike to beat

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,049 Posts
Glad my new 17 is only 15 months old!

Reactions: masterblaster

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,049 Posts
Knees don't like low sides much!

·
Registered
5 Posts