Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys , just bought my R6 16 model few months ago and gave it for servicing at a garage few days back, ever since then I can hear a slight squeeling noise coming from one of the wheels. This can only be heard when I release the throttle and pull in the clutch, at a speed of +70 km. I am pretty sure the squeel would be there even after acceleration but can't be heard properly because of the engine sound while riding but can be heard after pulling the clutch.

Any advice ?????

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Chain getting hot? Oil level good? Any change in the noise with braking or/and weight-shift? Semi-metallic pads can get quite noisy. I had switched to other types of pads, kevlar pads until it became apparent that they severely compromised braking under wet conditions. Now I just deal with the noise.

Might be able to take a squirt-able water bottle along in the pouch-pocket of a backpack then grab it during a test-ride; use it to selectively wet-up brake, axle, chain parts. If you can't maneuver the water bottle back into the side pocket with one hand, just toss it off the side of the road then pull over and walk back to get it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey guys , just bought my R6 16 model few months ago and gave it for servicing at a garage few days back, ever since then I can hear a slight squeeling noise coming from one of the wheels. This can only be heard when I release the throttle and pull in the clutch, at a speed of +70 km. I am pretty sure the squeel would be there even after acceleration but can't be heard properly because of the engine sound while riding but can be heard after pulling the clutch.

Any advice ?????

Can you get the front wheel up? (front stand)

Im pretty sure it will help you find the noise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts