Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my accident my shifting has been getting worse and worse to the point where it got stuck in third gear. I’m almost certain it’s my shift forks and few local shops told me the same thing. Is there a way I can replace the shift forks on my own? Or does anyone know any shops in portland/ Vancouver? Where can I order a new/used engine for my bike? The bike is a 2008 Yamaha r6 36k miles, well taken care of. 1 accident ( low speed high-side ) any and all advice would be appreciated

·
Registered
2,678 Posts

Produced by an auto parts retailer. As good as they are, they are not perfect. You still need a manual. There will be unanticipated challenges. It's even possible that they missed opportunities to sell some additional parts. (meaning, the bike may sit in pieces for month(s) waiting on them)

But it gives you a great idea on what you're getting into. Don't have any experience with that kind of work, but I believe there are access ports that let you service the transmission parts.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Interesting tid bit about the oil cooler.

Obviously you're not going to have to to tear apart the ENTIRE engine to shift forks. If you don't find a video that is specific to your cause, you'll need to figure out just how much of what is necessary.

You can also search the forum...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts