Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Which one is more cooler?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Bacon is extra!
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I got this Yamaha Racing Double Bubble last summer in Germany. I've gotten mixed reviews from my friends. What do you guys think?

·
Banned
786 Posts
Looks like a Fabbri screen, they have that flat spot in the bubble, what kinda pipe you got on it?

·
Bacon is extra!
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
M4 Carbon Fiber and it's friggin loud :)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hey does anyone know where I can go ahead and order this windscreen in the non-double bubble form? i know they make it cuz I was just at the Euro Yamaha site and its listed there but is there any place in the US I can order through? I love the look of the windscreen.

BE4TNUT

·
Registered
190 Posts
The dealer had put a double bubble on mine before I picked it up, I made them take it off and put the stock one back on. I definately prefer the stock style better.

·
Bacon is extra!
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The easiest way to get one would be to make friends with one of our English brothers on here and get it through him. I personally like the stock screen better, this double bubble is just too tall. I wish I could find a nice smoked screen that fits good...any suggestions?

·
Registered
302 Posts
I believe Puig makes a OEM, racing, and touring style screens. Racing is a little more agressive then OEM, and touring is basically a double bubble. I'm going to go with a Pug racing style.

I think the double bubble on your bike looks great, It wouldn't be obvious to anyone unless you pointed it out, and does it perform a lot better???!!! If so, I'd keep the double bubble.

·
I ride her hard!!!
195 Posts
dangerousR6 said:
Looks like a Fabbri screen, they have that flat spot in the bubble, what kinda pipe you got on it?
I've got the fabbri from Cyclegear before they stopped selling it, and the flat spot is not as high as the Yam's double bubble.

Hey Krom, is that the M4 s/o or full system? I've got the M4 titanium s/o. Wanna trade windscreens?? I put my stock one back on because I use a tank cam during track days, and the fabbri dark smoke don't work well when I use the tank cam.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I think the DB is a little too high, but I have seen it before in better pictures and I like the look of it.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
The double bubble is supposed to shoot the air over your head rather than into it so allegedly it makes your bike more aerodynamic.

·
Yamaland
2,309 Posts
Sounds like with a DB, the wind won't be hittin you too hard at high speeds, but I don't know...it takes away from the bad ass sportiness look of the bike. No DB for me.

·
Registered
406 Posts
dangerousR6 said:
I had the Fabbri..., that' screen is taller..., looks like an MRA screen to me.

I sorta like it..., +1 from Naptown.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
krom said:
Ok, I got this Yamaha Racing Double Bubble last summer in Germany. I've gotten mixed reviews from my friends. What do you guys think?

okay, how and where did you get it? ive been looking to find ways to get it, but always found a dead end.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts