Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
not a big fan of the new yamaha location...

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
Seems like they were taking a long nap this year - no change - sad. Perfection is for lazy people.

·
vroom vroom party starter
137 Posts
yeah, they changed the accents to gold on the raven.. gold wheels instead of black, different sticker package and gold in color, the two caps on the front rotor are gold instead of blue... cant tell if the rear shock is red again or what color it is and i cant tell what color the spring preload adjusting bolts are, they were blue for 08s.

I dont think yamaha will update the R6S. The R6R is the more popular bike and they seem to be more focused on it.

The only thing i would like to see done with the 6S from the factory is to put a stubby pipe on it, invert the fronts, and maybe give it a little mid hp love. other than that, the bike is well setup for the average street rider.

I love mine. just put the HR1 on it thursday... its loud!!! lol.

·
vroom vroom party starter
137 Posts
two more things. they list the HP of the 09 S at 123. in 08 they didnt rate it.

09 wet weight is 410. 08 listed dry weight at 357. probably the exact same weight.

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
The only thing i would like to see done with the 6S from the factory is to put a stubby pipe on it, invert the fronts, and maybe give it a little mid hp love. other than that, the bike is well setup for the average street rider.

I love mine. just put the HR1 on it thursday... its loud!!! lol.
Basically make it more like the 05 R6!

·
iCrash
1,912 Posts
why would they change the bike they consider an entry level 600?
Kawi is still running the ZZR unchanged since 1999 or 2000.
bold new graphics is all it will get for a long while.

u want changes, u gotta buy the R6.

·
Custom User Title
4,556 Posts
i hate the r6s.....no offense to any owners
dude, u know that its still an R6 right? the only reason its an "S" is because yamaha came out with a new version of the R6. the r6-s is the same exact bike as an 03-04 true R6. only the 05 is different cuz of the forks and brakes. saying that u hate the r6s is the same thing as saying you hate the r6.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
the raven will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine.
:jerkit.....hahaha, i actually like the raven myself...i wonder what the R6r will look like

·
Registered
378 Posts
When are they going to release the images of the new R1?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts