Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this Harris wind screen and it doesn't fit exact. There are some gaps between the fairing and the screen. So I put the windscreen trim to cover the gap.

Does it look good? Should I leave it on or not? (Sorry I didn't change picture size)

·
Registered
160 Posts
does it do anything on highway speed? gap is a gap and the wind could get in it, then, functionally, it's a failure.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
does it do anything on highway speed? gap is a gap and the wind could get in it, then, functionally, it's a failure.
On the highway it doesn't cause any problems. It's a lot better than the other one I had. This does help a lot with the wind. So works in that respect. I mainly wanted to put the trim there to stop water from getting in, and also cuz it didn't look right.

I hear what yer sayin about the chrome. I don't like chrome either but it's actually not that bad. It's called mercury. It's kinda greyish with a little bit of reflection. It's cuz the sun was shining on it and the angle of the pic as well.

Here are some before pics...

·
Registered
160 Posts
eh... isn't the washer suppose to go with the bolt? maybe that's what the problem is...

i don't know. From what I hear, some of the cheaper windshield doesn't have the channel that's suppose to be flush.

·
kiwi rider
313 Posts
yeah I think the washers are the problem too

·
U.S. Marine
1,098 Posts
keep it

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i think it looks good but the two black screws and the two silver screws sticks out like a boner in sweatpants.
LOL!!!!....:lmao That's hilarious. Ya I just changed em yesterday so their all black screws now. When I first installed it i figured if I kept tightening them the gap would get smaller. But since the stock screws are plastic they snapped. The silver bolts were just temps.

·
i follow the speed limit
149 Posts
looks like u put the washers in the wrong place man, thats y it sticks out. go out and try and see what happens when the washers are i the right spot.
btw, that black stuff looks horrible...and y chrome?!
but its your bike, a clean bike might i add

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,095 Posts
if theres washers in there take em out, looks smoother without the trim there, but the trim looks better then the gap

·
Premium Member
8,139 Posts
its not bad...just not my favorite screen to compliment that bike...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Those are actually the top of the well nuts. It looks like a washer but its not. I bought some after market well nuts that have a thinner rubber top and I'm gonna put em in to see if they make a difference. But ya, their not washers.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.