Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well before I get ripped for speeding I want to be the first to say I deserved the ticket. This last sunday I was leaving church (I actually work there) and decided to open up the throttle that fine morning. Well a few miles at 100 on an empty stretch attracted the wrong attention. Slowly but surely the white car in my mirror was catching up. Should I blow him away or pull over? Over I went. DFW has too many helicopters and I did not want to be the red pile of pulp that usually ends up at the end of chases. So I gave my info, and he gave me a ticket for 100 in a 60. Yeah I'm a squid, did I learn? Maybe. Am I pissed? **** yeah! This is the first ticket I have ever had on a bike and it is a mother****er! Have not found out what the fine is but I just got one for 42 in a 30 in my truck and another for 71 in a 45 in my truck. The 1st was 169$ the second was $320 and the 100 in a 60 well I have till june 10th to find out. Take it ez out there boys these are exspensive toys. :FU

·
Registered
458 Posts
that sux..oh well tho pay it and move on I guess

·
Registered
167 Posts
Props for owning up to that.

·
Registered
482 Posts
if im 100 or over im out

·
Registered
267 Posts
I got hit with a ticket going 85 on a 55mph and my ticket cost $450. Oh yeah did I mention i was in my car? I can't imagine how much it would be for a bike! You know what tickets makes us learn a lesson. Slow down! :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
i got 96 in a 55 once.. was 520 dollars.. good thing the judge let me off a lil bit

·
My R6 eats yours!!!
369 Posts
Well before I get ripped for speeding I want to be the first to say I deserved the ticket. This last sunday I was leaving church (I actually work there) and decided to open up the throttle that fine morning. Well a few miles at 100 on an empty stretch attracted the wrong attention. Slowly but surely the white car in my mirror was catching up. Should I blow him away or pull over? Over I went. DFW has too many helicopters and I did not want to be the red pile of pulp that usually ends up at the end of chases. So I gave my info, and he gave me a ticket for 100 in a 60. Yeah I'm a squid, did I learn? Maybe. Am I pissed? **** yeah! This is the first ticket I have ever had on a bike and it is a mother****er! Have not found out what the fine is but I just got one for 42 in a 30 in my truck and another for 71 in a 45 in my truck. The 1st was 169$ the second was $320 and the 100 in a 60 well I have till june 10th to find out. Take it ez out there boys these are exspensive toys. :FU
Dont want the ghetto birds coming after you. Pay it and move on. What road you get it on?

·
Registered
206 Posts
shoulda ripped away from the pig... its easy especially on a long stretch road LOL turns are even easier

next time, and yes there will be a next time... while you are flying away from him chant this song:
"I smell bacon i smell pork! Run little piggy! I GOT A FORK!!!!!"
hehehe

·
Registered
90 Posts
"I smell bacon i smell pork! Run little piggy! I GOT A FORK!!!!!"
hehehe
lol...I shouldn't be laughing because thats immature, but this was hilarious for some odd reason.

And if i'm doing over 100 on the highway and he hasn't got my license plate, I'm gone....if they catch me oh well, either way 100+ is jail time here in texas more likely than not.

·
Registered
31 Posts
shit! if that was here in australia i'd be saying goodbye to my licence for at least 6 months plus the fine would be up round the $500 mark! u got off lucky!

·
12,482 Posts
as T-1 would say, bring it to court. can't hurt.

·
Registered
458 Posts
haha here in LA its an automatic two years in jail no parole if you run...

·
Registered
998 Posts
I don't know where you are, but in most states that is considered wreckless driving. I would show up to court early, dressed in a suit, and ask the prosecutor if he/she would be willing to accept a plea bargin. A ticket like that could mean a nice non-renewal notice in the mail from your insurance company or "bend over" premiums.

I've gotten many +15 MPH tickets dropped to 5mph over convictions. You may be labeled as a repeat offender by the police, but the chances the prosecutor will check are very slim. Try to work it out before the officer gets there and before court starts. Most courts are so backed up, the prosecutor will work with you for a quick gauranteed conviction. Best of luck.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts