Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well last july i hit a deer going 60 one night and messed my bike up real good, she didnt have a single scratch on her and was still pretty new. and now i am finnaly back to a ridable bike. it took me alot of paychecks and time spent on ebay.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here are some more pics, thanks yea i found the headlight fairings cheap on ebay and i figured i could repaint them but i liked the grey cuz it matched the lower fairing so i found 2 of those elbow fairngs in the same grey and thought it looked nice. but of course a week after my mom backed into it with her car and nocked it over

as for the deer no idea never found it, it was a big doe, i was dumb and only had a tee and jeans on, broke my collar bone and alil road rash,

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea the bike was bone stock to exsept the flushies and intergrated tail. i got real lucky there was a wire fence along the road good thing it was on a straight

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
so thats what happens to a bike when you hit a deer

holy shit devil... turned out good though. digging the grey.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea deer are everywhere up here in jersey i almost hit another one yesterday

·
Registered
269 Posts
Glad to see your bike back together, good looking too well done.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you want deer come up to upstate NY haha
yea there is alot up there, i went to a suny college in upstate, at least upthere they got more woods to hide in.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hope you eat the next deer you come across. (No pun intended)
hell yea im gonna, hunting season just started on saturday, i was so mad after the crash that i was running every deer i saw over with my truck. its lifted so they go right under,

i couldnt figure out how to put both quotes in one post, so i did to seperate, any one know how?

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
Looking good!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:werd

I've hit two deer, both in vehicles. I don't wanna meet one on the bike...

Wear your gear, Marine... :cheers
yea its not good, it was late at night and it ran on the road from the shoulder and i broad sided it, direct hit, the bike and deer came to a quick stop and i kept right on going right over top both of them, i just bought a jacket two days ago so no more riding in tee shirts, oh rah

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
yea its not good, it was late at night and it ran on the road from the shoulder and i broad sided it, direct hit, the bike and deer came to a quick stop and i kept right on going right over top both of them, i just bought a jacket two days ago so no more riding in tee shirts, oh rah
What kind of jacket'd you get? Gloves? Boots? I mean...sure, your family will receive your SGLI as long as you're wearing a helmet, but who's to say that if you are wearing your helmet, and it saves your life next time, but the rest of your body doesn't fair so well?

C'mon digity dawg! Gear the fcuk up!!! Get SOME!!! INTENSITYYY!!! :nocontrol

:laugh j/p...kinda. :)

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
C'mon digity dawg! Gear the fcuk up!!! Get SOME!!! INTENSITYYY!!! :nocontrol

:laugh j/p...kinda. :)
that motivated the shit out of me!!! GET SOME!!! :rocket

seriously though... i learned my lesson about wearing my gear on my first full day as a civilian... i rode home from cherry point to raleigh in jeans and a tshirt because i was so fed up with being told what i HAD to wear to ride. made it home fine.

next day i go to take the bike out with my wife (girlfriend at that point) wearing jeans, a tshirt, and some etnies... i'm warming it up and take it for a quick spin around the traffic circle down the street from the apartment. coming out of the circle to pick her up waiting outside theres a 90 year old woman half way into my lane with no time to do anything but try and put it down on its side instead of going head first into her windshield... 2 seconds and 15 feet of sliding trapped under the bike, id lost all the skin off my right forearm and the outside of my right leg. needless to say, i went out and bought more gear the next day once i'd cleaned all the road out of my wounds.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts