Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YEC Akrapovic for 06/07

this not the normal akra u get off the shelf...made to yamaha world supersport spec.

$2222 only.

comes in full titanium headers, and titanium end can. end can has some damage but no leaks.

·
Registered
148 Posts
please post a pic, i'm definitely interested just need to see what it loook like or a link will do.

·
Banned
441 Posts
You want $2222 for that? It sure looks beat to hell. And you really expect much more HP than just a regular Akro pipe?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its made to yamaha spec....hence YEC label. u cant buy this off the shelf. only sold to authorised race teams. we upgraded to 08 machinery. hence, stuff has to go

·
Banned
441 Posts
And just to clarify... First, Exactly what authorized race team are you from? Second, why is it that Mr. Kevin Curtain of the 06-07 World Super Sport Team dosnt have one?

And third. You could buy this exhaust off yamaha-racingparts.com before they updated to the 08 stuff...
And as for the Label. I could have an exact copy made to slap right on my Akro Slip-on.
Good luck with $2222. If you find some poor schmuck to buy this for that price ill throw in an extra $100 for your efforts :)

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but from what I understand about Akro, they are the only manufacturer that markets exactly what they put on the track. I know that most companies like Yosh put mexican made pipes on the shelf and puts hand crafted stuff on the track, but Akro gives the race teams exactly what they put on the shelf. It's what makes them, arguably, the best exhaust manufacturer on the market. It might be different in Europe though, so I may be wrong, but I do know that here in the states, Akro does not give the race teams anything different from what they put to market. At least this is what I was told by an Akro rep. Either way, $2222 is way too high a price. And where did you come up with that number? Why not just say $2200? is the $22 that important?

·
Banned
441 Posts
I love how he is no longer answering anybody's questions and just bumping his thread. Your not gonna sell this thing here my friend. You might as well give up and go find some gullible kids to buy this thing.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Correct me if I am wrong, but from what I understand about Akro, they are the only manufacturer that markets exactly what they put on the track. I know that most companies like Yosh put mexican made pipes on the shelf and puts hand crafted stuff on the track, but Akro gives the race teams exactly what they put on the shelf. It's what makes them, arguably, the best exhaust manufacturer on the market. It might be different in Europe though, so I may be wrong, but I do know that here in the states, Akro does not give the race teams anything different from what they put to market. At least this is what I was told by an Akro rep. Either way, $2222 is way too high a price. And where did you come up with that number? Why not just say $2200? is the $22 that important?
when purchasing this system, we had the same dilemma as well. coz, the info we had from some US teams were using the exhaust off the shelf.

if u take WSS, or WSB where both R6 and R1 are using Akra, they have 10 different configurations of the same type of exhaust.

if u take a closer look at the pic, u will see the YEC label above the Akra. YEC is like HRC for honda.

when purchasing this exhaust, it was available in superstock and supersport, steel or titanium. this exhaust is titanium.

for 2222, i include shipping costs, and a spare end can as well.

this exhaust is no joke. it was purchased close to 2000 euro, exluding the waiting period for ordering YEC kit parts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And just to clarify... First, Exactly what authorized race team are you from? Second, why is it that Mr. Kevin Curtain of the 06-07 World Super Sport Team dosnt have one?

And third. You could buy this exhaust off yamaha-racingparts.com before they updated to the 08 stuff...
And as for the Label. I could have an exact copy made to slap right on my Akro Slip-on.
Good luck with $2222. If you find some poor schmuck to buy this for that price ill throw in an extra $100 for your efforts :)
lets not start a war here. i can see u guys dont agree with the price. but every individual will have their own opinions.

factory teams will NOT label all kit parts so as to, boost sales from which ever advertiser.

eg. Repsol Honda Team uses MIVV and LCR Honda Team uses GPR, and Fortuna Honda used Leo Vince...but they were all factory made exhausts with just the advertiser label on top. notice all exhaust will look the same.

another reason why in 2000 range is because, US currency has dropped significantly in recent mths. if there had been no drop, probably had advertised at 1700.

so, i hope this answers some of ur queries, and pls no war.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts