Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 239 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I finally pulled the trigger and spent A LOT OF $$$ on one of Yamaha-racing's YEC ECU reflash. I recieved the ECU today so I don't have a complete review yet but I can say everything is looks OEM. The ECU looks like an OEM ECU and the download cable looks like an OEM connector. He even gives you the pins to change around the pin out of the OEM connector.

That is it for now, if I have time between everything going on I will take pictures of the stuff before I install it but it will be a few weeks before I have the time to install and play with it.

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been so busy lately but I figured that I would post something. HEere are some pictures of the ECU and how it came, instructions and all.
Like I said before, it looks like all of the work is done very well. It will be a few weeks before I get to install and play with it but here is the unit and wiring harness the way it came.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
5,894 Posts
SWEEET! Looking forward to you review.:toocool:

A PROPER review, that is.

2,458 Posts
i hope your a racer.. cuz if not.. talk about a huge waste of chedder...

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, I am not a racer....just always looking to improve the performance of my motorcycle. I know what the benefits are and I do have a full Supersport motor in my motorcycle. I will be giving a review based on what this ECU offers and how even people who don't ride the track could benefit from buying this ECU even though it's true potential would be noticed on the race track.

If these points are explained by a decent review I think a lot of people that don't know EXACTLY what it could do for them may or mat not be interested but atleast they would be informed as to what it could do for them.

Just to let everyone know....I didn't get any discount. I am on the fence about this review seeing as how I didn't get any dscount but if I can help anyone else make their decision I will be glad to help if I can. As I see it Yamaha-racing should have offered a decent discount to get his product out there and get some reviews on it.

2,458 Posts
i definetly want to see some dyno graphs and hear some review.

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i definetly want to see some dyno graphs and hear some review.
I won't have dyno graphs for a while, for now I will use the tune it comes with and use the Bazzaz/AFM to tune but I do have it in my plans to get my own tuning done later....all depends on funding. But I believe their will be some initial positive impressions like when I used the HRC as compared to the OEM ECU, their were definitely gains just by plugging it in. That was on my 06 CBR1000RR with a stock motor.
We will see but with everything that is going on around here it will be a while....

·
best used above 10,000rpm
296 Posts
:stupic

No, I am not a racer....just always looking to improve the performance of my motorcycle. I know what the benefits are and I do have a full Supersport motor in my motorcycle. I will be giving a review based on what this ECU offers and how even people who don't ride the track could benefit from buying this ECU even though it's true potential would be noticed on the race track.
:confused: :dunce:...every R6 comes with a supersport motor...

please post a before/after dyno chart as soon as your wallet permits...i hope it was worth the coin...:popcorn:

2,458 Posts
105 my ass. mine layed down 127 bitches!!

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:stupic

:confused: :dunce:...every R6 comes with a supersport motor...

please post a before/after dyno chart as soon as your wallet permits...i hope it was worth the coin...:popcorn:
It was worth the coin or I wouldn't have purchased it, as long as it is capable of doing what the manufacturer claims.
Money isn't really the big problem, just finding the time and a capable tuner close by that won't charge me a boatload of coin. I have a lot of things going on in my life right now and don't have much free time.....weekends are a blur right now.

I would expect somwhere in the mid 120s to the wheel after a proper tune but I won't run it on the edge seeing as I do ride it on the street and I need longevitiy. But you guys know that all dynos are different........

2,458 Posts

WHABAM!!!!

·
Premium Member
18,792 Posts
That dyno sheet can be from anything. You want me to pull up a BS one too? My race bike has a lot more power mods on it than yours and it doesn't get 127hp (which can be weather dependant). Yes, it's BS.

2,458 Posts
lol dude.. dont be angry. look at the name on it. ryan shnitz. google where his shop is.. decatur indiana- thats like 20 miles from where i live.. its not bullshit. i have a video. do u want me to post that too?

·
Premium Member
18,792 Posts
lol dude.. dont be angry. look at the name on it. ryan shnitz. google where his shop is.. decatur indiana- thats like 20 miles from where i live.. its not bullshit. i have a video. do u want me to post that too?
Nobody is angry dude. You see, there are some of us who do have high performance bikes built specifically to compete. Your mod list doesn't reflect the dyno sheet results. So I can only assume your list of mods isn't up to date to get a 127hp dyno result. Meaning you have had some engine work done to your bike.

2,458 Posts
:)

1 - 20 of 239 Posts