Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i seen about 20 threads about lowring the bike. yes, it ruins the handling. no i dont want to lower the bike. but its my girls 08 r6. shes 5'3 sooo....yeah.

were getting 2 inch links cause i would not let her get the 3 inch. thats just to much.

my question is, how do i lower the front to keep the same (as much as possible) bike geometry?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I measured the bottom of my lower fairing under the bike, front and back. Once I put the lowering link on measured it again and adjusted the front to keep the distance the same. I lowered mine 2 inches it's great no problems.

·
In Florida
778 Posts
i lowered mine yesterday, becarefull doing the front, i would suggest loosening all the bolts on one side first, starting at the bottom, ad then leave the very top one last, lossen it a little until it falls some, and then tighten the top bolt until you get the height you want, and then do the other side the same until they are even.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
If someone can't get used to a bike's height, they probably shouldn't be riding one of the fastest supersport middleweights on the market. Get her a ninja 250 and pocket the money difference.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its not about getting used to a bike height. its being able to stop at red lights and stop signs and not fall over.

she already has the 08 R6.

the question was answered, leave it alone...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts