Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
My Bonneville eats me.
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haha so I know there have been roughly 100,000 of these threads within the past few weeks but I figured it was my turn! So today I brought home a 2005 R6 Raven. Walked away with it for $3,500 with 10,000 on the clock. It's never been downed and has: Scorpion slip on, frame sliders, integrated taillight, smaller directionals (but not flushmounts) and HIDs. If anyone is looking to trade my scorpion slip on for a GP style exhaust then I'm all ears. I'm looking at getting a LOR 10" slip on or a racefit, but they're so damn expensive. Anyways I'm happy to officially part of the community and I hope you guys like her! I named her Black Betty too. It was only appropriate.

·
My Bonneville eats me.
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Holy S*** you're from revere? I'm up in Boxford (next to Topsfield, Danvers Peabody etc). We should meet up this summer or something.

·
My Bonneville eats me.
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so a new discovery here, I was busy gawking at my new toy and happened to notice an oddity in the exhaust. I'm somewhat mechanically inclined, and correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like i have an off road midpipe, if not a full exhaust. The whole thing appears to be ceramic coated and It doesn't look like I have this "25lb cat" under there. Please help me a bit. It does smell like my car did with off road pipes, and I'm not sure if the stock headers come ceramic coated. Pics of course...

Headers:

collect into 2 (where cat should(?) be) still appears to be ceramic coated:

further down right before the slip on, still what appears to be ceramic coated:

·
My Bonneville eats me.
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I learn something new every day! Pretty sweet then if you ask me!

·
Registered
316 Posts
that just looks like the pipe and header on my dirtbike when I don't wash it and it's all full of mud then just bakes to the pipe....aka ceramic coating lol

·
Mexico lindo
667 Posts
Seems like you got a great bike for a great deal! As was mentioned before the 2005 is one of the best! Respect her and she will treat you well!

That is a great lookin bike! :YEA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts