Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
vroom vroom...
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I may be wrong, I havnt seen an R1 in person for a while, and cant remember, but I notice in all of these pics it looks like there is no lense infront of the projector/ protecting the whole headlight assembly? Has anyone thought about doing a projector mod like this stock setup on the 2010 R1, on their R6 ? Or has it been done?

http://indianautotalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/2010_Yamaha_ZF-R1_3_India.jpg

·
vroom vroom...
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its probably hard to keep clean, But with the right creativity, someone could probably take this idea, and make somthing really cool!

·
vroom vroom...
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am curious why Yamaha didnt just put a lens across the whole thing? Did they? Are the pics just deceiving?

·
faster than a turtle XP
1,760 Posts
There is a lense protecting the projector and the reason they didnt give it a lens cover because the ram air tubes are ran from there to the air box

·
vroom vroom...
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a lense protecting the projector and the reason they didnt give it a lens cover because the ram air tubes are ran from there to the air box
aaah, thats the info I was looking for, that makes more sense! Cool!

·
vroom vroom...
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The projectors look pretty big, did the put a secondary lens over the projector lens? I mean llike one that is the same shape, just bigger?

·
Impossible is Nothing.
4,278 Posts
No lens, you are correct. idk why.

It may look good but if I went with projectors, I'm keeping my lens for sure.

Not to mention, you'd probably have to custom fab a backing for the light. (black plastic part)
not if your going the projector route:sing

·
waaaahhhhh pa pa pa pa!!!
49 Posts
The reason that there is no lense is that the opening around the headlight is the intake. It also cools off the light.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts